Seriously, it took me longer to preheat my oven than it did for me to prepare this easy breakfast casserole. I used frozen hash browns, shredded cheese, and cubed ham. So, the only real prep work that I had to do was crack open the eggs.
This casserole will feed a crowd. It makes 8 to 12 portions, depending on how you cut it.
It would be perfect around the holidays since you only need to spend about 5 minutes in the kitchen putting it together. Then, just let it bake.
I always put salsa on my eggs. So, I served salsa with this dish. Hot sauce and sour cream would be good too.
Easy Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- 24 oz. frozen hash browns (about 8 cups)
- 16 oz. cubed ham
- 8 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup milk (I used skim)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the frozen potatoes, ham, and cheese to a large bowl. Toss to combine. Pour the mixture into a 9 x 13 baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs with the milk, salt, and pepper (I use the same bowl from step 1).
- Pour the egg mixture over the hash brown mixture. Pat everything down with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Bake for one hour. The center should be set and the edges should be golden brown.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 208 Calories from fat 134|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 9.8||15%|
|Saturated Fat 4.4||22%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.4||6%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|