Tuscan Chicken Soup is based off the viral Marry Me Chicken recipe. It’s a soup full of garlic, parmesan, sun dried tomatoes, chicken, & pasta.
Marry Me Chicken (AKA Tuscan chicken) recipes are all over social media right now. It’s chicken in a creamy sauce consisting of garlic, parmesan, sun dried tomatoes, and spinach.
I took those flavors and turned them into a creamy, comforting, easy-to-make soup.
How To Make Tuscan Chicken Soup
Note: This is a summary. The full printable recipe and step by step video are located at the bottom of this post.
- Start with a jar of sun dried tomatoes packed in olive oil with Italian Herbs.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of the seasoned olive oil out of the sun dried tomato jar.
- Add the seasoned oil to a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add regular olive oil and chopped yellow onion to the pot.
- Cook until translucent.
- Add julienned sun dried tomatoes, tomato paste, and minced garlic.
- Cook two minutes.
- Add chicken broth and whole milk.
- Add Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Stir well.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Add pulled rotisserie chicken meat, chopped spinach, and pasta.
- Cook until the pasta is tender.
- Add grated parmesan cheese.
- Stir until incorporated.
How To Store
Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to five days. Or, store in the freezer for up to three months. Transfer the container to the refrigerator to thaw the day before you want to reheat it.
Find more of my recipes on TikTok
Tuscan Chicken Soup Recipe
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes packed in olive oil with Italian herbs – julienned or chopped
- 1 Tbsp of the seasoned olive oil from the sun dried tomatoes jar*
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves – minced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cups pulled rotisserie chicken meat
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- 8 oz. small bite-size pasta – like macaroni, shells, etc.
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Use a fork to pull ½ cup of the sun dried tomatoes out of the jar. Set aside.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of the seasoned olive oil out of the sun dried tomato jar. Add the seasoned oil to a large soup pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the regular olive oil and onion to the pot.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Add the sun dried tomatoes, tomato paste, and minced garlic.
- Cook, stirring often, for two minutes.
- Add the broth, milk, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Stir well. Bring the liquid to a simmer.
- Add the rotisserie chicken, spinach, and pasta. Simmer until the pasta is tender (around 10 minutes).
- Add the parmesan cheese. Stir until incorporated.