Easy Breakfast Casserole has hash browns, ham, cheese, and eggs. This hash brown breakfast casserole can be made overnight. Perfect for a Holiday breakfast!
What makes this hash brown casserole easy?
Seriously, it took me longer to preheat my oven than it did for me to prepare this egg casserole. I used frozen hash browns, shredded cheese, and cubed ham. So, the only real prep work that I had to do was crack open the eggs.
This casserole will feed a crowd. It makes 12 portions.
It would be perfect around the holidays since you only need to spend about 5 minutes in the kitchen putting it together. Then, just let it bake.
How to make Breakfast Casserole:
*Note: The full printable recipe card is at the bottom of this post.
- In a large bowl, add frozen shredded hashbrown potatoes.
- Add chopped ham and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Mix well. Then, pour into a baking dish.
- Add 12 eggs to a large bowl (use the same bowl from the first step).
- Add milk, salt, and pepper. Whisk together.
- Pour the eggs over the hash brown, ham, and cheese.
How to make Overnight Breakfast Casserole
- Assemble the breakfast casserole according to the directions.
- Cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove plastic wrap and bake.
What to serve with this Egg Casserole:
- Crock Pot Apple Cinnamon Roll Casserole from Amanda’s Easy Recipes
- To Go Baked Oatmeal with your Favorite Toppings
- Tropical Green Smoothie
- Banana Peanut Butter Oat Muffins
- Honey Lime Fruit Salad from Cooking Classy
I always put salsa on my eggs. So, I serve salsa with this recipe. Hot sauce and sour cream would be good too.
Watch the step by step video for this Easy Breakfast Casserole Recipe below.
Find more of my recipes on TikTok
Easy Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- 24 oz. frozen hash browns -about 8 cups
- 16 oz. cubed ham
- 8 oz. sharp cheddar cheese -shredded
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup milk -I used skim
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add the frozen potatoes, ham, and cheese to a large bowl. Toss to combine. Pour the mixture into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs with the milk, salt, and pepper (I use the same bowl from step 1).
- Pour the egg mixture over the hash brown mixture. Pat everything down with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Bake for one hour, uncovered. The center should be set and the edges should be golden brown.