Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal Recipe – This easy pumpkin oatmeal recipe is great for a crowd, make ahead breakfast, or a to-go breakfast through the busy week.
I love cooking with oatmeal. It’s so good for you. This pumpkin baked oatmeal recipe is a great way to get healthy oats into your diet. It’s mild pumpkin flavor makes it perfect for Fall.
Serve warm. Or, wrap each piece in plastic wrap and store them in the refrigerator. These wrapped oatmeal bars make a great grab-and-go breakfast.
How To Make Pumpkin Oatmeal
*Note: The full printable recipe card is at the bottom of this post.
- In a large bowl, add brown sugar, pumpkin puree, applesauce, and eggs.
- Whisk to combine.
- Add milk and vanilla extract.
- Whisk to combine.
- Add old fashioned oats to the bowl.
- Add baking powder, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- Stir to combine.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Cool before slicing.
Try these other great Baked Oatmeal recipes.
- My Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal Muffins
- My Strawberry Cheesecake Baked Oatmeal
- My Customizable Baked Oatmeal Muffins
- Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Casserole by Paula Deen
- Amish Baked Oatmeal by Once Upon a Chef
Watch the step by step video for the Best Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal Recipe below.
Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal recipe
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup applesauce -I use unsweetened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk -or your preferred milk/milk alternative
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Optional: maple syrup, fruit, nuts, etc. for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 7x11 inch (or 9x9 inch) baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, add the brown sugar, pumpkin puree, apple sauce, and eggs. Whisk until smooth.
- Add the milk and vanilla. Whisk until well combined.
- Add the oats, baking powder, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Stir until well combined.
- Pour the oat mixture into the baking dish. Spread it out into an even layer. Bake uncovered for 35 minutes.
- Let the oatmeal cool for 10 minutes before slicing into 8 pieces.