Lemon Blueberry Sauce – This is an easy recipe for sweet syrup made with blueberries and lemons.
How to make this Lemon Blueberry Sauce Recipe
*Note: The full printable recipe card is at the bottom of this post.
- Add fresh blueberries to a small pot.
- Add sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, corn starch, and salt.
- Heat until bubbling and thick.
- Add vanilla extract.
This Blueberry Syrup is great served on:
- Angelfood Cake
- Pound Cake
- Ice cream
- French Toast
- Toasted Angel Food Cake
The toasted angel food cake might sound a little unusual. It’s tasty and really easy to do.
How to Toast Angel Food Cake
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray
- Add a couple pieces of angel food cake to the skillet
- Cook over medium heat for about 4 minutes on each side (or until brown and slightly crispy)
Try these other Easy Dessert Recipes
Watch the step by step recipe video for Lemon Blueberry Sauce below.
Lemon Blueberry Sauce Recipe
- 1 1/2 cup blueberries -fresh or frozen
- 1 large lemon -zest and juice (about 1 tsp of zest and 1 tbsp of juice)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, add blueberries, zest, juice, sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Cook over medium heat until the mixture starts to bubble and thicken (about 12 minutes for frozen blueberries, about 6-7 minutes for fresh). Stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla. Serve.
- Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.