Seriously, it took me longer to preheat my oven than it did for me to prepare this easy breakfast casserole. I used frozen hash browns, shredded cheese, and cubed ham. So, the only real prep work that I had to do was crack open the eggs.
This casserole will feed a crowd. It makes 8 to 12 portions, depending on how you cut it.
It would be perfect around the holidays since you only need to spend about 5 minutes in the kitchen putting it together. Then, just let it bake.
I always put salsa on my eggs. So, I served salsa with this dish. Hot sauce and sour cream would be good too.
Here’s the short recipe video for Easy Breakfast Casserole. In the video, I shred the cheese and chop the ham. You could definitely skip these steps and use pre-shredded cheese and pre-chopped ham.
Easy Breakfast Casserole has hash browns, ham, cheese, and eggs. It's quick to prepare, great for feeding a crowd, and can be made a head of time.
- 24 oz. frozen hash browns about 8 cups
- 16 oz. cubed ham
- 8 oz. sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup milk I used skim
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the frozen potatoes, ham, and cheese to a large bowl. Toss to combine. Pour the mixture into a 9 x 13 baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs with the milk, salt, and pepper (I use the same bowl from step 1).
- Pour the egg mixture over the hash brown mixture. Pat everything down with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Bake for one hour. The center should be set and the edges should be golden brown.