Easy Breakfast Casserole has hash browns, ham, cheese, and eggs. This hash brown breakfast casserole can be made overnight. Perfect for a Holiday breakfast!
What makes this hash brown casserole easy?
Seriously, it took me longer to preheat my oven than it did for me to prepare this egg casserole. I used frozen hash browns, shredded cheese, and cubed ham. So, the only real prep work that I had to do was crack open the eggs.
This casserole will feed a crowd. It makes 12 portions.
It would be perfect around the holidays since you only need to spend about 5 minutes in the kitchen putting it together. Then, just let it bake.
How to make Breakfast Casserole:
*Note: The full printable recipe card is at the bottom of this post.
- In a large bowl, add frozen shredded hashbrown potatoes.
- Add chopped ham and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Mix well. Then, pour into a baking dish.
- Add 12 eggs to a large bowl (use the same bowl from the first step).
- Add milk, salt, and pepper. Whisk together.
- Pour the eggs over the hash brown, ham, and cheese.
How to make Overnight Breakfast Casserole
- Assemble the breakfast casserole according to the directions.
- Cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove plastic wrap and bake.
What to serve with this Egg Casserole:
- Crock Pot Apple Cinnamon Roll Casserole from Amanda’s Easy Recipes
- To Go Baked Oatmeal with your Favorite Toppings
- Tropical Green Smoothie
- Banana Peanut Butter Oat Muffins
- Honey Lime Fruit Salad from Cooking Classy
I always put salsa on my eggs. So, I serve salsa with this recipe. Hot sauce and sour cream would be good too.
Watch the step by step video for this Easy Breakfast Casserole Recipe below.
Find more of my recipes on TikTok
Easy Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- 24 oz. frozen hash browns -about 8 cups
- 16 oz. cubed ham
- 8 oz. sharp cheddar cheese -shredded
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup milk -I used skim
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add the frozen potatoes, ham, and cheese to a large bowl. Toss to combine. Pour the mixture into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs with the milk, salt, and pepper (I use the same bowl from step 1).
- Pour the egg mixture over the hash brown mixture. Pat everything down with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Bake for one hour, uncovered. The center should be set and the edges should be golden brown.
Can I use frozen chopped style hash browns rather than shredded hash brown
This was extremely easy to make and very tasty. I used the hash browns that has peppers and onions in it, so I had to add a few more eggs because the bags was 28oz. My family enjoyed it, I will be making this again.
I use cooked bacon in place of ham 👍🏻
I make this casserole all the time. Everyone loves it. Especially with salsa. I substitute sausage for the ham sometimes. it is tasty that way too.
can i bake this and then freeze for a month to serve/reheat on Mothers day?
Could you use cauliflower rice to cut carbs from hash browns?
Absolutley looks delicious! It is Delicous!!
This was very good to eat. I really like the fact I just dumped it all together the night before and popped it in the oven the next morning.
Able to change the number of serving.
Great starter recipe! I had to use sour cream instead of milk. I used O’Brien Hash Brown’s and only had four eggs!
I diced a whole ham steak, half an onion, green and red bell peppers! I then combined them all together with shredded Nacho cheese. Alot of yummy sounds during breakfast!
I added jalapeño, green onions and broccoli, also one additional egg and about 1/4 more of almond milk. I also baked for about 50 minutes and it was delicious.
Family loved it.
Make this recipe every Christmas morning. Make it the night before, store in the fridge, pop it in the oven before gifts and it’s done around the time gifts are! We usually make it with a mixture of bacon and sausage instead of ham!
This was good! I changed a bit. Sautéed onions and poblano peppers seasoned with salt and pepper and smoked paprika were mixed in, along with cooked chopped bacon.
I make this every Christmas for our family’s brunch! The only thing I do different is sprinkle cooked crumbled bacon on top! It’s everyone’s favorite!
Load More Comments