To Go Baked Oatmeal with your Favorite Toppings- A standard baked oatmeal recipe is prepared in a muffin tin and topped with your favorite flavors (chocolate, fruit, etc.). A great grab and go breakfast!
I love the idea of everyone getting to personalize breakfast with their favorite flavors. A few months ago I came up with a standard muffin recipe. The idea is to use a basic muffin batter recipe, fill up a muffin tin with batter, then top off each muffin with your favorite flavors (fruit, nuts, chocolate chips, etc.). I got a lot of positive feedback about that recipe. I thought, why not do the same with oatmeal? So, I came up with this recipe for to-go baked oatmeal with your favorite toppings.
It’s the same concept as the standard muffin recipe. You start by making a standard recipe for baked oatmeal. I say standard only because there are not any chunks of fruit or nuts involved at this point.
Fill a prepared muffin tin with the oatmeal mixture.
This plain oatmeal mixture is actually quite tasty all on its own. You could make this baked oatmeal without any additional toppings and it would be delicious.
But, I like to play around with different toppings. I went with chopped walnuts, dried cranberries, chocolate chips, and fresh blueberries.
Just sprinkle the toppings (I used about 2 tsp.) on each oatmeal cup. Then, press the toppings down into the oats with a spoon.
Bake for 30 minutes, and you end up with these beautiful babies.
These are such an awesome grab-&-go breakfast. They are perfect to make on a Sunday and eat throughout the work week. Or, you could even freeze some and defrost as needed.
If you like these baked oatmeal muffins, you’ll also love this Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal Muffin recipe. 🙂
Find more of my recipes on TikTok
To-Go Baked Oatmeal Recipe
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk or whatever milk you like
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- Optional: your favorite toppings fruit, nuts, chocolate chips, etc.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with paper or paper/foil muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, oil, and brown sugar until sugar is dissolved. Add the applesauce, milk, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon. Whisk until well combined. Stir in the oats and baking powder.
- Fill the muffin tin with ¼ cup of the oat mixture in each muffin cup. Add your favorite toppings. Push the toppings down into the oat mixture with a spoon.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Let them cool for 5 minutes before eating. Store in an airtight container or freeze in a zip top storage bag.