The Best Classic Zucchini Bread – This easy zucchini bread recipe is sweet & incredibly moist.
This is the best zucchini bread recipe ever! It’s got more zucchini and more sugar than most recipes so it tastes amazing. And, applesauce makes this homemade zucchini bread super moist.
One of the reasons this is such an easy zucchini bread recipe, is because there’s not much prep work for the zucchini, like in many other recipes.
How to grate zucchini for zucchini bread:
- Do not peel the zucchini before grating, leave the skin on.
- Do not salt, drain out, or squeeze out any of the liquid from the zucchini.
- Use the large grate of a box grater to grate 2 small (or 1 large) zucchini for 1 ½ cups lightly packed grated zucchini.
How to make The Best Zucchini Bread Recipe:
- Add grated zucchini, sugar, and brown sugar to a large bowl.
- Add vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla.
- Whisk the wet ingredients together.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Stir just until combined.
- Pour batter into a loaf pan.
You may also like these other great quick bread recipes.
- My Best Buttermilk Banana Bread
- Cranberry Orange Pumpkin Bread from Peas & Crayons
- Blueberry Muffin Bread from My Sequined Life
Watch the step by step recipe video for The Best Zucchini Bread below:
Find more of my recipes on TikTok
The Best Classic Zucchini Bread Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups grated zucchini - lightly packed -do not drain liquid
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil -or your preferred cooking oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x5 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, add the grated zucchini, sugar, brown sugar, applesauce, oil, eggs, and vanilla. Whisk until well combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Stir just until no dry flour remains, trying not to over mix.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan. Bake for 50 to 54 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the center of the bread should come out with moist crumbs on it.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove from the pan and transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely before slicing.
- Store covered in the refrigerator. *This bread is best served after it has been refrigerated for at least 12 hours.
Unbelievable, this is the best zucchini bread recipe I have found, everyone we share with loves it. We grow Zucchini in our garden and we always have so much, we use it to make bread and freeze for the winter, we also share with friends and family. This is the best there is, thanks for this.
Only thing missing was some pecans and I added those myself so good
Question: if I’m using frozen grated zucchini do I drain it ??
Awesomeness!! Turned out great!!
This recipe is by far the best zucchini bread recipe I have eaten. My granddaughter, who is extremely choosy about what she will eat, loved it. It even had nuts in it, as I put pecans in just about everything that I can.
She absolutely loved it! Everyone who ate it was amazed at how great it was. (made me look good!!!)
Anyway, just wanted you to know that I will be saving this recipe for many seasons to come. Thanks for posting this recipe for all of us.
One of my favorite recipes!!!
I make this recipe every zucchini season, and since we have had a bad year for growing zucchinis, I will actually buy zucchinis just to have bread available. It’s perfect for cubing for babies and sending a slice off to a toddler who is late for preschool. It keeps well, and it’s absolutely delicious!
The best zucchini bread I ever made!
Super soft and moist.
awesome. I added more applesauce and cut the oil even more – still amazing and people are asking for the recipe! thanks!!
It was delicious !!
Best flavored Zucchini bread I have ever made. The whole family loved it. My go to from now on.
I make this recipe all the time especially in the summer when my garden gives me an over abundance of zucchini. It’s delicious and easy. I even freeze individual pieces for later. The applesauce makes it so moist.
I added chocolate chips to one loaf, thumbs up from everyone.
Very easy to make, and very moist. Will definitely make it again…love it!!!
This zucchini bread recipe is so good and moist. I used sweetened applesauce cause that is what I had and it did not make it too sweet. It turned out perfect. I doubled the recipe to make two loafs. I put the loaf pans on a cookie sheet and baked for 52 min and they were done in the middle after toothpick check. I have tried other recipes that were just not as good as this one. This will be my go to zucchini bread recipe from now on. So glad I tried it.
This is an awesome recipe! I didn’t have applesauce one of the times I baked it so I subbed mashed bananas. Equally yummy!
I’m curious if anyone has made this recipe into muffins instead of loaves?? If you have, how long did you bake them for?
Yes, I baked for 20 minutes
I don’t make it into muffins, but I make three mini loaves instead of one big loaf. I use the same time, as I have found that full size sweet bread loaves tend to be underdone if cooked on top. Besides, mini loaf bread slices are more easily handled than big slices for my target audience, my toddler granddaughter.
I made muffins out of some of the batter. I think I baked them for approximately 20 minutes, but not quite sure. Guess it matters how full your cups are. Great recipe. I have frozen them for future use. I made 12 with pecans and 12 without.
Didn’t take any photos, but we’re totally happy with our first attempt! Moist and absolutely delicious, muffins are next. Thank you for this great recipe!
Can you cut the sugar? This is great just wondering.
The best zucchini bread I’ve ever had! Definitely the best after refrigeration.
Sweet. Moist. Delicious.