The Best Classic Zucchini Bread – This easy zucchini bread recipe is sweet & incredibly moist.
This is the best zucchini bread recipe ever! It’s got more zucchini and more sugar than most recipes so it tastes amazing. And, applesauce makes this homemade zucchini bread super moist.
One of the reasons this is such an easy zucchini bread recipe, is because there’s not much prep work for the zucchini, like in many other recipes.
How to grate zucchini for zucchini bread:
- Do not peel the zucchini before grating, leave the skin on.
- Do not salt, drain out, or squeeze out any of the liquid from the zucchini.
- Use the large grate of a box grater to grate 2 small (or 1 large) zucchini for 1 1/2 cups lightly packed grated zucchini.
How to make The Best Zucchini Bread Recipe:
- Add grated zucchini, sugar, and brown sugar to a large bowl.
- Add vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla.
- Whisk the wet ingredients together.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Stir just until combined.
- Pour batter into a loaf pan.
You may also like these other great quick bread recipes.
- My Best Buttermilk Banana Bread
- Cranberry Orange Pumpkin Bread from Peas & Crayons
- Blueberry Muffin Bread from My Sequined Life
Watch the step by step recipe video for The Best Zucchini Bread below:
The Best Classic Zucchini Bread - This easy zucchini bread recipe is sweet & incredibly moist because it's made with applesauce & more zucchini & sugar than most recipes.
- 1 1/2 cups grated zucchini - lightly packed -do not drain liquid
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil -or your preferred cooking oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x5 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, add the grated zucchini, sugar, brown sugar, applesauce, oil, eggs, and vanilla. Whisk until well combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Stir just until no dry flour remains, trying not to over mix.
Pour the batter into the loaf pan. Bake for 50 to 54 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the center of the bread should come out with moist crumbs on it.
Cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove from the pan and transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely before slicing.
- Store covered in the refrigerator. *This bread is best served after it has been refrigerated for at least 12 hours.