Sweet pea salad is a light crunchy side dish. Baby peas are combined with chopped red onion and dried cranberries and coated in a creamy dressing made of sour cream, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper.
If you have thawed your bag of frozen peas ahead of time, this side dish comes together in about 5 minutes.
I actually brought this dish to serve at my parents Christmas dinner this year. I thought the festive colors of this salad were perfect for a holiday meal. But, it’s not just for the holidays. Sweet pea salad would be great any time of year.
Sweet Pea Salad Recipe
- 1 16 oz. bag frozen petite peas (that have been thawed in a refrigerator)
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. cider vinegar (or red wine vinegar)
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- If there is moisture in the bag of thawed peas, drain the peas in a calendar.
- In a medium bowl, add the sour cream, salt, pepper, vinegar, and sugar. Stir until well combined.
- Add the peas, red onion, and dried cranberries. Gently stir until peas are well coated with the sour cream mixture.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 85 Calories from fat 38|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 1.6||2%|
|Saturated Fat 1||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.9||12%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|