Asian Green Beans – Crispy flavorful green beans better than take out or the Chinese Buffet. It’s a quick and easy side dish.
Chinese Green Beans
One of my absolute favorite things about a Chinese buffet is the crunchy green beans. Just about every Asian restaurant you go to will have some variation of crunchy green beans. Some are heavy on the garlic. Some are covered in sesame seeds. But, the common theme is that they are crisp and very flavorful.
Making Asian-style green beans at home is quick and easy.
How To Make This Fresh Green Bean Recipe
*Note: The full printable recipe card is at the bottom of this post.
- Add soy sauce, vegetable oil, and sugar to a mixing bowl.
- Whisk until well combined.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add fresh, trimmed green beans.
- Carefully drizzle the sauce over the green beans
When you add the sauce to the hot skillet, it will spatter a bit. Adding the green beans to the skillet first will protect you from a lot of the spatter.
- Cook for 6 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and cook for an additional minute.
Don’t over cook these green beans. They should be crunchy and flavorful, just like the kind that you would find at the Chinese buffet.
You could substitute some sesame oil for the vegetable oil if you like that sesame flavor.
Try These Other Great Easy Side Dish Recipes
Watch The Step By Step Recipe Video For Asian Green Beans Below
Asian Green Beans Recipe
Watch The Recipe Video Here
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil (or your preferred cooking oil)
- 3 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 lb. fresh green beans, edges trimmed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Pre-heat a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat for 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, add the oil, soy sauce, and sugar. Stir to combine.
- Add the green beans to the skillet. Then, carefully add the soy sauce mixture to the hot skillet (liquid may spatter a bit). Stir to coat the beans in sauce. Cook for about 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir the garlic into the green beans. Cook for 1 minute, stirring often. Then, remove the skillet from the heat.