This recipe is part of The Wholesome Dish Complete Holiday Menu. Check out the full menu HERE.
Maple syrup roasted Brussels sprouts are easily the best Brussels sprouts that I have ever eaten.
Roasting Brussels sprouts makes them tender with a bit of crispness around the edges. It also brings out their natural sweetness. Adding the sweetness of maple syrup to roasted sprouts makes them out-of-this-world good! I love the sweet and salty flavor combination in this dish.
If you don’t think you like Brussels sprouts, try these. I bet you’ll change your mind.
- 1 1/2 lbs. Brussels sprouts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Trim the stems of the sprouts. Remove any outer leaves that are wilted. Cut the sprouts in half.
- Add the Brussels sprouts, oil, salt, and pepper to a large bowl. Toss to fully coat the sprouts.
- Spread the sprouts onto a large baking sheet in a single layer.
- Roast for 15 minutes. Stir the sprouts, trying to flip over as many as you can.
- Roast for 10 minutes.
- Drizzle the maple syrup over the sprouts and stir to coat. Roast for 8-10 more minutes.