Sweet Pea Salad – Easy side dish recipe made in minutes. Peas coated in a sweet and tangy dressing with diced red onion and dried cranberries.
Sweet pea salad is a light crunchy side dish. Baby peas are combined with chopped red onion and dried cranberries and coated in a creamy dressing made of sour cream, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper.
How To Make Pea Salad
*Note: The full printable recipe card is at the bottom of this post.
- In a mixing bowl, add sour cream, cider vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Whisk until well combined.
- To the dressing, add sweet petite peas, dried cranberries, and chopped red onion.
- Stir to coat the peas in the dressing.
- Serve cold.
If you have thawed your bag of frozen peas ahead of time, this side dish comes together in about 5 minutes.
Try These Other Easy Side Dish Recipes
Watch The Step By Step Recipe Video For Sweet Pea Salad Below
Sweet Pea Salad Recipe
Watch The Recipe Video Here
- 1 (16 oz.) bag frozen petite peas that have been thawed in a refrigerator
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. cider vinegar (or red wine vinegar)
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- If there is moisture in the bag of thawed peas, drain the peas in a colander.
- In a medium bowl, add the sour cream, salt, pepper, vinegar, and sugar. Stir until well combined.
- Add the peas, red onion, and dried cranberries. Gently stir until peas are well coated with the dressing.