Egg McMuffin Breakfast Casserole is based on the flavors of the popular McDonalds breakfast sandwich. It’s great for feeding a crowd & could be made the night before.
I love breakfast casseroles. Don’t you? They just make life so much easier. Especially when you’ve got a bunch of people that you want to feed and don’t want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. That always seems to happen around the holidays.
Seems like I’m not the only one loving easy breakfast casseroles. My Easy Breakfast Casserole recipe is insanely popular! I think it has to do with the fact that it only takes a few minutes to prepare and only calls for a few common ingredients. I wanted to recreate this recipe by changing up the flavors a little bit. So, I came up with this simple breakfast bake.
Egg McMuffin Breakfast Casserole is so simple to put together, and only requires a few common ingredients. It’s got all the familiar flavors of the popular McDonalds breakfast sandwich, but in casserole form.
To make it, get some English muffins (I used whole wheat) and Canadian bacon and chop them into bite size pieces. Then, toss them together with shredded cheese and spread in a casserole dish.
Pour a mixture of eggs, milk, salt and pepper over the English muffins. Then, bake it. That’s it!
If you want, you could even assemble the casserole the night before. Just cover the dish and refrigerate it overnight. However, if you do this, you will need to increase the cooking time until the center of the casserole is set and the eggs are cooked through (about 20 extra minutes).
Egg McMuffin Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- 12 oz. whole wheat English muffins
- 6 oz. sliced Canadian bacon
- 4 oz. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 large eggs
- 3/4 cup 2% milk (or your preferred milk/milk alternative)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9×9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cut the English muffins and Canadian bacon into bite size pieces. Add them to a large bowl. Add the cheese to the bowl. Toss to combine.
- Pour the English muffin mixture into the baking dish and spread into an even layer.
- Add the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper to the large bowl. Whisk until well combined. Evenly pour the eggs over the english muffins.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until the center is set. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 256 Calories from fat 119|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 11.4||18%|
|Saturated Fat 5.2||26%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.2||9%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|