Salt and Vinegar Roasted Potatoes – The salty, tart flavors of salt and vinegar potato chips in a healthier roasted potato version.
I have a weakness for salt and vinegar potato chips. I love them! They’re so salty and tart that they almost make your mouth pucker when you bite into one. I don’t typically buy potato chips at the grocery store, so I don’t have them often. But, when I go to a sub shop, they’re one of my favorite things to get.
Of course, deep fried, salt covered potato chips aren’t a very healthy side dish. So, I thought I would come up with a healthier version. I decided to try salt and vinegar roasted potatoes. They aren’t quite as intense as the potato chips, but they still provide that nice salty, tart flavor. And, since they’re roasted in a little oil instead of deep fried, they’re a healthier option.
Find more of my recipes on TikTok
Salt and Vinegar Roasted Potatoes Recipe
- 2 lb. small red potatoes
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. apple cider vinegar divided (white and red wine vinegar would also work)
- 1 tsp. salt divided
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cut potatoes into 1 ½ inch chunks.
- In a large bowl, add the oil, 2 tablespoons of the vinegar, ½ teaspoon of the salt, and the pepper. Whisk until well combined. Add the potatoes to the bowl. Stir to evenly coat the potatoes in the vinaigrette.
- Pour the potatoes onto a large baking sheet and spread into an even layer. Cook for 25 minutes. Use a heavy spatula to scrape the potatoes up from the baking sheet and flip them over. Cook for 20 minutes more. Again, use the spatula to scrape the potatoes from the baking sheet.
- Drizzle the potatoes with an additional tablespoon of vinegar and ½ teaspoon of salt. Stir the potatoes to evenly coat them in the additional salt and vinegar.