Easy Breakfast Casserole has hash browns, ham, cheese, and eggs. This hash brown breakfast casserole can be made overnight. Perfect for a Holiday breakfast!
What makes this hash brown casserole easy?
Seriously, it took me longer to preheat my oven than it did for me to prepare this egg casserole. I used frozen hash browns, shredded cheese, and cubed ham. So, the only real prep work that I had to do was crack open the eggs.
This casserole will feed a crowd. It makes 12 portions.
It would be perfect around the holidays since you only need to spend about 5 minutes in the kitchen putting it together. Then, just let it bake.
How to make Breakfast Casserole:
*Note: The full printable recipe card is at the bottom of this post.
- In a large bowl, add frozen shredded hashbrown potatoes.
- Add chopped ham and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Mix well. Then, pour into a baking dish.
- Add 12 eggs to a large bowl (use the same bowl from the first step).
- Add milk, salt, and pepper. Whisk together.
- Pour the eggs over the hash brown, ham, and cheese.
How to make Overnight Breakfast Casserole
- Assemble the breakfast casserole according to the directions.
- Cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove plastic wrap and bake.
What to serve with this Egg Casserole:
- Crock Pot Apple Cinnamon Roll Casserole from Amanda’s Easy Recipes
- To Go Baked Oatmeal with your Favorite Toppings
- Tropical Green Smoothie
- Banana Peanut Butter Oat Muffins
- Honey Lime Fruit Salad from Cooking Classy
I always put salsa on my eggs. So, I serve salsa with this recipe. Hot sauce and sour cream would be good too.
Watch the step by step video for this Easy Breakfast Casserole Recipe below.
Find more of my recipes on TikTok
Easy Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- 24 oz. frozen hash browns -about 8 cups
- 16 oz. cubed ham
- 8 oz. sharp cheddar cheese -shredded
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup milk -I used skim
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add the frozen potatoes, ham, and cheese to a large bowl. Toss to combine. Pour the mixture into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs with the milk, salt, and pepper (I use the same bowl from step 1).
- Pour the egg mixture over the hash brown mixture. Pat everything down with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Bake for one hour, uncovered. The center should be set and the edges should be golden brown.
Great recipe and so simple to make!
I would like to add broccoli florets along with the ham to this casserole. How much do you recommend ?
I want to add either spinach or broccoli to this breakfast casserole. How much would you recommend.
I had this at a church potluck and it was a major hit, nothing left! I made this for family who came into town. I mixed it the night before and left in the fridge in a 9 x 13. Popped it into the oven for 1 hour next morning and it was perfect. I did sub heavy cream for milk and season salt for regular salt.
**How long will this last (COOKED) in the fridge?**
Worked really well, make a vegetarian version with Mushrooms instead of ham and added some Spinach, tomato, onion pepper and cayenne! Halved the ingredients and made it in an 8×8 dish. Would probably use slightly less cheese next time!
This was a great recipe. Our car club met for a carry in at one of the members house a while back and I took it there. It was a hit and it was gone. I’m making it again to take to a carry in. It’s so easy to make.
Took it to a church brunch potluck and it was really good. Simple to make. Going to save leftovers for breakfasts this week.
Anyone else have issues with casserole being “eggy” in the middle? We’ve made it several times, first couple times was perfect. Last few times it hasn’t cooked in the middle and had runny egg….. We love this recipe it’s delicious just gotta figure out why it’s not cooking in the middle.
Absolutely perfect! Followed directions and had a terrific casserole for dinner! That’s right, breakfast for dinner!
Instead of milk I put heavy cream and is it amazing!!
Hi. Can casserole be pre-made? Would it be soggy if pre-made a few days ahead??
This was fantastic! I added a few squirts of dijon mustard to the egg mixture. Really added a subtle yet fabulous flavor!!!
Takes longer than a hour to bake.. give yourself some
Extra time if needed. Going to be late for mops. 😂
This was delicious and they cleaned out my dish!!! Can I half the recipe and still cook at 350 degrees for 1 hour?
How far ahead can I prep this casserole? Can I prep it on Friday evening and keep it in the frig till I bake it on Sunday morning? I’ve made it the night before and that is fine but I need an extra day this time.
I used frozen bag of ‘Hash Brown O’Brian’ which has the little chunks of veggies in it and was very delicious this way!!!👍🏼
It says 24 oz of potatoes but also says about 8 cups? That can’t be right?
Made this several times and it was always a big hit. I use hash browns with peppers and onions in it, very tasty. Will make this recipe again for Easter brunch
What about getting the middle cooked without burning the edges? Adjust the cook time? Cover?
I’m having the same problem. I think next time I’m going to opt to use a bigger pan so that my casserole is thinner because I think that’s part of the problem
Can I use sausage instead of bacon and how much?
Do you thaw your frozen hash browns before adding?