Cranberry Apple Crisp – The perfect holiday dessert recipe. Tart cranberries paired with sweet apples and crumbly crisp topping. Great for Thanksgiving, Christmas, or any time of year!
This recipe is part of The Wholesome Dish Complete Holiday Menu. Check out the full menu HERE.
I made this cranberry apple crisp for Thanksgiving and it was huge hit. The tartness of the cranberries paired with the sweetness of the crisp topping and apples is awesome!
This dessert is really easy to make, and it keeps well. So, it could easily be made the day before you’re serving it.
To make this dessert, put some cranberries, and chopped apples into a baking dish or pie plate and sprinkle them with sugar. Mix the crisp topping together and spread it on top of the fruit. Then, bake it until the fruit is bubbly and the crisp topping is golden.
Cranberry Apple Crisp recipe
For the filling:
- 1½ cups fresh cranberries
- 3 cups cored, peeled, and chopped apples (I used 5 small Jonathan apples)
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
For the Crisp Topping:
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoon butter -melted
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 inch pie plate or baking dish with cooking spray.
- Prepare the filling. Put the cranberries and apples into the pie plate. Lightly mix them together with your fingers. Sprinkle with ⅓ cup of sugar.
- Prepare the crisp topping. In a medium bowl, whisk ½ cup of sugar and the egg until it’s foamy. Add the oats, flour, melted butter, and the cinnamon. Stir until well combined.
- Spoon the oat mixture over the fruit and spread into a thin layer.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until the crust is golden.
- Let the crisp cool for at least 1 hour before serving.