Cheesecake Stuffed Pecan Pie has a crunchy sweet pecan pie top layer and a creamy cheesecake bottom layer.
Cheesecake Stuffed Pecan Pie is the perfect dessert to serve for the holidays!
This recipe starts by making the cheesecake layer. Add an 8 ounce package of softened cream cheese to a large bowl. Add 1/4 cup of sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, and 1 large egg. Beat this together with an electric mixer until it’s well combined. For a traditional cheesecake you would want to beat the cream cheese and sugar together first before you add the egg to ensure that the cream cheese gets totally smooth. But, since this cheesecake filling is going under a crunchy pecan pie layer that has a lot of texture, there’s no need to take this extra step.
This cheesecake mixture gets poured into an unbaked pie crust in a 9 inch, deep dish pie plate. It’s important to use a deep dish pie plate for this because there’s so much going on with this pie, there’s no way it will all fit in a traditional pie plate.
Next, make the pecan pie layer. In a large bowl, add 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup light corn syryp, 2 large eggs that have been beaten, 3 tablspoons of unsalted butter that has been melted and slightly cooled, 2 tablespoons of light brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract. Whisk this all together until it’s well combined.
Take 1 1/2 cups of chopped pecans and sprinkle them evenly over the cheesecake layer. Then, pour the corn syrup mixture over the pecans.
Place the pie plate on a baking sheet and gently tent the pie with aluminum foil, trying not to let the foil touch the pie filling. I like to give the foil a little crease in the middle to help keep it from touching the filling.
Bake this in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 40 minutes. Then remove the foil and bake for an additional 20 minutes so the top and the crust can brown.
The hardest part about this recipe is letting this pie cool completely. Let it rest at room temperature for 2 hours then chill it in the refrigerator for 2 more hours before cutting into it.
Watch the step by step recipe VIDEO here. 🙂
⭐️Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to leave a star rating below. ❤️
- 9- inch deep-dish pie crust
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter melted & slightly cooled
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Fit the pie crust into a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate.
- Make the cheesecake layer. In a large bowl, add the cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on low-medium speed until well combined. Pour the cheesecake mixture into the pie shell.
- Make the pecan pie layer. In a large bowl, add the sugar, corn syrup, eggs, butter, brown sugar, salt, and vanilla. Whisk until well combined.
- Sprinkle the pecans evenly over the cheesecake layer. Pour the corn syrup mixture over the pecans.
- Place the pie on a baking sheet. Gently tent the pie with aluminum foil, trying not to let the foil touch the pie filling.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Remove the foil. Bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- Cool for 2 hours at room temperature then chill for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator before slicing.