Lemon Garlic Shrimp and Zucchini Noodles (Zoodles) is an easy, quick cooking, healthy recipe perfect for a light dinner or even lunch.
This zucchini noodles recipe is a healthy, low carb option to replace pasta.
To make Lemon Garlic Shrimp and Zucchini Noodles, start by making some zucchini noodles. I used 4 medium zucchini to get 6 cups of zucchini noodles (zoodles).
Zest and juice a lemon.
I like to get my zucchini and lemon prepared first because once the shrimp go into the skillet, they only cook for a few minutes. They’re done in no time.
Add some olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add a pound of jumbo shrimp that have been peeled and deveined.
Next, add 6 cloves of minced garlic. I just used the jarred minced garlic so I didn’t have to mince it myself.
Then, cook for about 3 minutes on one side. Stir the shrimp and flip them all over.
Remove the shrimp from the skillet with a slotted spoon.
Next, add the zucchini noodles to the skillet. Cook for about 3 minutes.
Then, add the cooked shrimp back into the skillet with the zucchini noodles. Add lemon zest and lemon juice. Stir well to combine.
This recipe was inspired by Skinny Shrimp Scampi with Zucchini Noodles.
Zucchini noodles with shrimp is one of my favorite ways to cook zucchini noodles because of the quick cooking time.
Both the shrimp and the zucchini noodles cook up so quickly. You can have this whole meal prepared in about 15 minutes.
Want to know about zucchini noodles calories?
One medium zucchini has 33 calories. I used 4 medium zucchini to get 6 cups of zucchini noodles. That’s 132 calories in 6 cups of noodles. 🙂
Looking for more great zucchini recipes? Check out my:
Watch the step by step recipe video for Lemon Garlic Shrimp Zoodles below.
Find more of my recipes on TikTok
Lemon Garlic Shrimp and Zucchini Noodles - Zoodles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp shelled and deveined
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 cups zucchini noodles about 4 medium zucchini
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet and place it over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add the shrimp, garlic, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Let the shrimp cook on the first side for 3 minutes. Stir to make sure the garlic doesn’t burn. Make sure all the shrimp are flipped over on the second side. Cook an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the shrimp, leaving the oil and any liquid in the skillet. Set the shrimp aside.
- Add the zucchini noodles (zoodles) to the skillet. Cook 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the cooked shrimp, lemon juice, and zest. Cook two additional minutes, stirring often.
- Serve immediately.
Simply and great flavor. a keeper.
That’s a pretty dish!
I doctored a touch by adding chopped green onions and a few frozen broccoli florets. I added about 1/2 c chicken broth(was only making 1/2 ) to the skillet before adding veggies and then warmed up 1/4 cup Broth in microwave and stirred in 1T cornstarch to make a slurry and added when veggies were cooking. Added about 2T grated Parmesan once cooked. Very yummy !
Wow, Really it’s great!
These are not only pretty. They are also healthy and easy to make.
Yum! What a refreshing and simple meal! I love using my spiralizer, so I’ll have to add your recipe to my list of things to make!
So healthy but yum! I love zucchini noodles, I normally use them for salads. But this combination looks good too, cant wait to try it.
I love me some zoodles and this combo sounds like an absolute winner! Thanks so much for sharing 🙂
i love the homemade tacos
This looks absolutely delicious — and so healthy! Great way to keep my resolutions. BTW – what kind of spiralizer do you have — my veg NEVER looks as good as yours.