Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Boats – a simple stuffed zucchini recipe that only calls for four ingredients.
Hollowed out zucchini squash is stuffed with cooked ground chicken mixed with buffalo wing sauce; topped with cheese; and baked.
This recipe is a great way to use up all that summer zucchini! And, it’s great for those people who are looking for high protein, low carbohydrate dinners.
Watch the step by step recipe video for Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Boats below.
Find more of my recipes on TikTok
Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Boats Recipe
- 4 small-medium zucchini about 1¾ pounds
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1/2 cup Buffalo Wing Sauce not regular hot sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and break it apart with a wooden spoon. Cook for 7-9 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the skillet from the heat. Stir in the buffalo wing sauce.
- As the chicken cooks, cut the zucchini in half, lengthwise. Use a spoon to scoop the seeds and center out of each zucchini half, leaving a ¼ inch thick zucchini boat. Place the zucchini in the baking dish cut-side up.
- Spoon the chicken mixture into the zucchini boats. Sprinkle the zucchini evenly with the cheese.
- Cover the baking dish with foil. Bake for 35 minutes.
Check out all of my great chicken recipes.
THIS IS SO GOOD PLEASE MAKE IT
10 out of 10 would recommend. Its quick, easy and healthy. I will def be making this again.
Could you use barbecue sauce instead of wing sauce?
Made last night, whilethe chicken mix was good my zucchini did get super soft. I did sautee red onion and garlic to add to the meat, and used S&P to season the zucchini before stuffing. Not sure if they was cooked to long or i took to much out. However it was good and felt healthy, may try again bbut next time blanch the zucchini and not bake as long
GREAT RECIPE !! I made exactly per recipe. Sooooo good— Will definitely make often.
Love this recipe! Definitely a crowd pleaser. When I ask the family what they would like for dinner this is always mentioned. Have it at least once a week.
My husband and I loved this. Couldn’t be any easier to make and I could easily add more cheese to his boats and adjust to our taste. So tasty and simple!!!!
The hubby and I decided this needs to be in our “favorites” rotation… he suggested we have it weekly. My picky kids ate the meat mixture in bread, added lettuce and topped it off with ranch. It was a hit that way too! Can’t wait to check out your other recipes. Thanks for sharing!
Loved this.. so easy and so good!
Can you make this with yellow squash instead?
Load More Comments