Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Boats – a simple stuffed zucchini recipe that only calls for four ingredients.
Hollowed out zucchini squash is stuffed with cooked ground chicken mixed with buffalo wing sauce; topped with cheese; and baked.
This recipe is a great way to use up all that summer zucchini! And, it’s great for those people who are looking for high protein, low carbohydrate dinners.
Watch this short recipe video for Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Boats!
Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Boats Recipe
- 4 small-medium zucchini (about 1 3/4 pounds)
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1/2 cup Buffalo Wing Sauce (not regular hot sauce)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and break it apart with a wooden spoon. Cook for 7-9 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the skillet from the heat. Stir in the buffalo wing sauce.
- As the chicken cooks, cut the zucchini in half, lengthwise. Use a spoon to scoop the seeds and center out of each zucchini half, leaving a ¼ inch thick zucchini boat. Place the zucchini in the baking dish cut-side up.
- Spoon the chicken mixture into the zucchini boats. Sprinkle the zucchini evenly with the cheese.
- Cover the baking dish with foil. Bake for 35 minutes.
|Serving Size||2 boats|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 363 Calories from fat|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 18.9||29%|
|Saturated Fat 7.2||36%|
|Dietary Fiber 2||8%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|