Hoisin Shrimp Lettuce Wraps are full of shrimp and a sweet and tangy Asian inspired sauce. They’re light and tasty with great crunchy texture.
These Hoisin Shrimp Lettuce Wraps are so quick and easy to make. Shrimp is always a quick cooking ingredient. But, in this case the shrimp is chopped. So it literally takes just a couple of minutes to cook up.
The chopped shrimp are mixed with chopped water chestnuts and sliced green onions and coated in a sweet and tangy Asian inspired sauce. Then, this flavorful shrimp gets spooned into lettuce leaves for serving.
Find more of my recipes on TikTok
Hoisin Shrimp Lettuce Wraps recipe
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 (8 oz.) can sliced water chestnuts
- 4 green onions
- 1 pound raw peeled, deveined shrimp (any size/count will work)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 head butter lettuce leaves separated
- Optional: sliced green onion and sesame seeds for serving
- In a small bowl, add the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, honey, and garlic. Whisk until well combined.
- Drain and coarsely chop the water chestnuts. Slice the green onion. Add the water chestnuts and onion to the sauce. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- Coarsely chop the shrimp into ½ to ¾ inch chunks.
- Heat the oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Add the shrimp in an even layer. Cook 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the sauce to the skillet. Stir well. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove the skillet from the heat. Let the shrimp rest in the sauce for 2 minutes.
- Serve by spooning 2-3 tablespoons of the shrimp mixture into the center of a lettuce leaf. Optional: Sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onion.
Excellent. Our butter lettuce is in season so I made this for lunch – absolutely delicious and will be making over and over again this summer.
One of my favorite low-cal dinner or lunch. Quick, easy, and delish!
Will be on my repeat list!
Great Recipe for food lovers.
THank you for making it so convenient to print as well.
I made this and there was no flavor. I had to add salt and ginger to spice it up. Will not make it again
Great,tasty quick easy. a winner for sure. since I can never get enough lettuce wraps this is ideal for me. I might even share with the family.
The sauce is delicious. Would be great on chicken too.
This was great! Even my little girls loved the shrimp and sauce, I served it over white rice for them.
I didn’t have water chestnuts, so I used pine nuts. It was delicious.
This recipe is excellent! I added chopped peanuts for garnish and topped with sweet chili sauce. I also have made this and put over basmati rice.
Great idea with peanuts,,yum
How much shrimp per person? or how many adults will the 1 lb make?
The shrimp is chopped so hard to assess how many per person but my husband and I each had a hearty serving and I had another serving left for lunch.