Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff is serious comfort food. Tender beef, mushrooms, and onions are cooked in a slow cooker and mixed with a sour cream sauce and egg noodles.
I loooove this recipe! It’s hearty, rich, and unbelievably flavorful. And, the slow cooker does most of the work, making it a great recipe for those busy week nights.
Chunks of beef are simmered all day with sliced mushrooms and chopped onions in a crock pot. Then, just before serving, egg noodles, sour cream, and dijon mustard are added. Too Good!
This makes a lot. But, the leftovers are great too! 🙂
Check out this short recipe video for Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff! 🙂
- 1 1/2 lb. beef stew meat*
- 1 1/4 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 2 cups (about 6 oz.) coarsely chopped white mushrooms
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. dried dill
- 1 (12 oz.) package egg noodles
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp. dijon mustard
- Add the meat, broth, mushrooms, onion, Worcestershire, garlic, salt, pepper, and dill to a 6-quart oval crock pot. Stir well.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours.
- Cook the egg noodles according to their package directions.
- Add the cooked and drained noodles to the crockpot. Add the sour cream and mustard. Stir well. Cook another 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
If the beef stew meat comes cut in large chunks, cut into smaller bite-size pieces.