It’s pumpkin season! Looking for an easy pumpkin recipe? Try these pumpkin muffins.
These pumpkin muffins have a mild pumpkin flavor. Which is great for me because my husband isn’t a huge pumpkin lover but he really likes these muffins.
I just used my Buttermilk Banana Bread recipe and made a few small tweaks to come up with these pumpkin muffins.
This recipe makes a lot (24 muffins), but they keep really well in the refrigerator.
I served these with a little drizzle of honey and they were delicious! Enjoy!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a muffin tray with liners and cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin and eggs. Add the buttermilk, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, and oil. Whisk to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Fill the muffin tray ¾ of the way up. Bake for 22-25 minutes. Cool at least 5 minutes before serving.