The Best Pumpkin Muffins with Chocolate Chips Recipe – Easy pumpkin muffin recipe with buttermilk, pumpkin, cinnamon, & loads of chocolate chips.
These chocolate chip pumpkin muffins are the perfect Fall treat. Great for an indulgent breakfast, snack, or even dessert!
I love that this recipe calls for a whole can of pumpkin puree. I never know what to do with that leftover pumpkin. These muffins are loaded with great pumpkin flavor!
How to make The Best Pumpkin Muffins Recipe with Chocolate Chips:
*Note: The full printable recipe card is at the bottom of this post.
- In a large bowl, add pumpkin puree, sugar, brown sugar, and eggs.
- Whisk together.
- Add buttermilk, oil, and vanilla.
- Whisk to combine.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- Stir until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon or scoop batter into a prepared muffin tin with liners.
- Cool and serve.
I used my Buttermilk Banana Bread recipe and made a few small tweaks to come up with these muffins. They are so moist and full of pumpkin flavor.
This recipe makes a lot (24 muffins), but they keep really well in a sealed container. And, trust me. They will not last long. 🙂
Try these other great pumpkin recipes:
- Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal Recipe
- Pumpkin Pie Cobbler
- Pumpkin Pie from Once Upon a Chef
- Pumpkin Breakfast Casserole from The Worktop
Watch the step by step video for Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins Recipe below.
Find more of my recipes on TikTok
The Best Pumpkin Muffins with Chocolate Chips Recipe
- 1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup canola oil -or your preferred cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a muffin tray with non-stick liners or cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, add the pumpkin puree, sugar, brown sugar, and eggs. Whisk until well combined.
- Add the buttermilk, oil, and vanilla. Whisk until well combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt to the bowl. Stir until just combined.
- Add the chocolate chips. Stir until the chocolate chips are evenly distributed in the batter.
- Fill the muffin tray ¾ of the way up with the batter. Bake for 21-22 minutes. Cool at least 5 minutes before serving.