The Best Pumpkin Muffins with Chocolate Chips Recipe – Easy pumpkin muffin recipe with buttermilk, pumpkin, cinnamon, & loads of chocolate chips.
These chocolate chip pumpkin muffins are the perfect Fall treat. Great for an indulgent breakfast, snack, or even dessert!
I love that this recipe calls for a whole can of pumpkin puree. I never know what to do with that leftover pumpkin. These muffins are loaded with great pumpkin flavor!
How to make The Best Pumpkin Muffins Recipe with Chocolate Chips:
*Note: The full printable recipe card is at the bottom of this post.
- In a large bowl, add pumpkin puree, sugar, brown sugar, and eggs.
- Whisk together.
- Add buttermilk, oil, and vanilla.
- Whisk to combine.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- Stir until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon or scoop batter into a prepared muffin tin with liners.
- Cool and serve.
I used my Buttermilk Banana Bread recipe and made a few small tweaks to come up with these muffins. They are so moist and full of pumpkin flavor.
This recipe makes a lot (24 muffins), but they keep really well in a sealed container. And, trust me. They will not last long. 🙂
Try these other great pumpkin recipes:
- Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal Recipe
- Pumpkin Pie Cobbler
- Pumpkin Pie from Once Upon a Chef
- Pumpkin Breakfast Casserole from The Worktop
Watch the step by step video for Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins Recipe below.
The Best Pumpkin Muffins with Chocolate Chips Recipe
- 1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup canola oil -or your preferred cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a muffin tray with non-stick liners or cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, add the pumpkin puree, sugar, brown sugar, and eggs. Whisk until well combined.
- Add the buttermilk, oil, and vanilla. Whisk until well combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt to the bowl. Stir until just combined.
- Add the chocolate chips. Stir until the chocolate chips are evenly distributed in the batter.
- Fill the muffin tray 3/4 of the way up with the batter. Bake for 21-22 minutes. Cool at least 5 minutes before serving.