The Best Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe – An easy chocolate chip cookie recipe made in minutes. These are the best homemade chocolate chip cookies ever!
There’s nothing better than chocolate chip cookies from scratch! A warm, fresh chocolate chip cookie with a big glass of milk is comfort food at it’s finest.
I’ve tried a lot of chocolate chip cookie recipes over the years. I keep finding that many of the recipes have at least one long wait time. They require you to either wait a couple of hours to bring the butter and eggs to room temperature, or wait for the dough to chill in the refrigerator for an hour. Sometimes both.
I’m too impatient! 🙂 I want to be able to relax on my couch and suddenly decide I need some homemade, soft, and chewy chocolate chip cookies. Then, have them baking in the oven in just a few minutes!
What makes this the Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe?
- Texture: The cookies are soft in the middle and chewy around the edges.
- Flavor: They have a sweet, buttery, toffy-like cookie flavor, loaded with chocolate chips.
- Quick & Easy to make: No bringing the ingredients to room temperature. No chilling the dough. The recipe can easily be whisked together, instead of using a mixer. And, it’s a ONE BOWL recipe.
How to make chocolate chip cookies. The easy way.
- In a large bowl, add melted butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar.
- Whisk until well combined.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Whisk until eggs are well incorporated.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir until no dry flour remains.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Stir until well incorporated.
- Scoop the batter onto a baking sheet.
- Bake and cool.
Try these other Easy Dessert Recipes.
- My Two Ingredient Nutella Brownie Bites Recipe
- My Cranberry Cream Cheese Dip Recipe
- Easy Peanut Butter Cream Pie from Inspire A Creation
- No Bake Oreo Truffles from Fifteen Spatulas
Watch the step by step recipe video below for how to make The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie.
The Best Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Watch The Recipe Video Here
- 1 cup unsalted butter -melted*
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (a 12 oz. bag) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, add the melted butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Whisk until well combined.
- Add the eggs and vanilla. Whisk until smooth.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir until no dry flour remains.
- Add the chocolate chips. Stir until well incorporated.
- Scoop out 1 1/2 tablespoon size balls (a #40 scoop) of the batter on a baking sheet, leaving 2 inches between each cookie. SIZE MATTERS.**
- Bake for 10 minutes. The center should be soft and the edges should barely be golden. DO NOT OVER BAKE.
- Cool 3-4 minutes on the cookie sheet. Then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.