Crock Pot Italian Beef – Beef simmers in a slow cooker for hours in a spicy broth made from a jar of chopped pepperoncini peppers and an Italian dressing mix packet. Only 3 ingredients for this easy dinner recipe!
Italian Beef Sandwiches
Spicy crock pot Italian beef is easy to make and super flavorful. A whole jar of sliced pepperoncini, juice and all, gets mixed with a packet of Italian dressing mix and water to make a rich, flavorful broth that a beef roast simmers in for hours. The meat gets shredded, then added back to the pepperoncini/Italian seasoned broth. Serve this beef on hoagie rolls for amazing Italian beef sandwiches.
Pepperoncini are pickled hot peppers. If you don’t like spicy foods, you could use a jar of mild banana pepper rings instead of pepperoncini. Mild banana pepper rings will provide that salty pickled flavor without the heat.
This makes a lot of sandwiches. I used a 2 pound eye of round roast and it made 11 sandwiches on hoagie rolls (about 1/2 cup of Italian beef/juice on each sandwich). If this is more than you need, the Italian beef does freeze and reheat well.
To reheat frozen leftovers, I find that it is best to let the beef thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Then, put the beef in a stockpot, cover, and cook over medium-low heat until simmering and beef is heated through.
Check Out These Other Easy Crock Pot Recipes.
- Creamy Crock Pot Pork Chops and Potatoes
- Crock Pot Meatballs
- Crock Pot Potato Soup
- Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff
Watch the step by step recipe video for Spicy Crock Pot Italian Beef below.
Spicy Crock Pot Italian Beef Recipe
- 2-3 lbs. eye of round roast (lean beef roast)
- 1 (7 oz.) jar sliced pepperoncini peppers*
- 1 package dry Italian dressing mix (around 0.7 oz.)
- 2 cups water
- For serving: hoagie rolls, sliced provolone cheese
- Trim excess fat (if any) off the roast and place in a large slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, add the pepperoncini (the whole jar with the juice), Italian dressing mix, and water. Stir to combine. Pour over the roast in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours, or high for 4 hours.
- Transfer the roast to a plate (leaving the juices in the slow cooker). Let the roast rest for 10 minutes. Turn the slow cooker to the warm setting (or lowest setting).
- Shred the beef (use 2 forks to pull the meat apart). Add the shredded beef back to the broth/pepperoncini mixture in the slow cooker.
- Serve on hoagie rolls.