Stuffed Pepper Soup – Sweet & tangy comforting soup that tastes like stuffed peppers in a bowl! It’s full of beef, rice, and veggies.
Stuffed Pepper Soup Recipe
Stuffed pepper soup is one of the best soups I’ve had in a long time. My husband and I both loved it. It kind of reminded me of chili without the chili powder. The broth is a little bit sweet from sweet bell peppers and brown sugar.
How To Make Stuffed Pepper Soup
*Note: The full printable recipe card is at the bottom of this post.
- Add ground beef to a large pot.
- Cook the beef and break it apart.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, beef broth, chopped green bell peppers, chopped red bell peppers, chopped onion, brown sugar, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Bring the liquid to a boil then reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer covered for 20 minutes.
- Add uncooked white rice.
- Cook another 20 minutes.
I served mine topped with some shredded cheese, since stuffed peppers are usually topped with cheese. It tasted like stuffed peppers in a bowl. And, it was much easier than actually making stuffed peppers.
Check Out These Other Easy Soup Recipes.
Watch the step by step recipe video for Stuffed Pepper Soup below.
Find more of my recipes on TikTok
Stuffed Pepper Soup Recipe
- 1 lb. 90% lean ground beef
- 1 (15 oz.) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce -with Italian herbs if you can find it
- 2 medium sweet bell peppers (any color) -chopped
- 1 medium onion -chopped
- 1 clove garlic -minced
- 1 (15 oz.) can beef broth
- 2 tbsp. packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup uncooked white rice
- Add the beef to a large soup pot and place it over medium-high heat. Break it apart with a wooden spoon. Cook until browned, 6-8 minutes. Drain off excess fat, if necessary.
- In the same pot, add the remaining ingredients, EXCEPT for the rice. Bring the liquid to a boil, then reduce to a simmer (medium-low). Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the rice. Cover and simmer 20 minutes more, until the rice is tender (this may take longer if you use something other than white rice).
Check out all of my great ground beef recipes.
As written I would give it a four star it is a good base recipe. I did add 2 bay leaves, one carrot for sweetness, took out the brown sugar, also added two celery stalks, smoked and regular paprika to taste, dried parsley, granulated garlic in addition to the garlic it called for, 32 oz beef stock, 3 beef bullions cubes instead of the salt and 1/2 cup uncooked rice.
Yummy and so easy to make! Definitely will make it again.
Two RIBS of celery, not 2 STALKS of celery I should hope!
I omitted really br sugar b/c not needed, added a dash of worstershire, fresh parsley and used fresh tomatoes to reduce Na+. Also used homemade and much reduced Na beef stock. Delicious!
Worth the extra work to rid the sugar, high Na+ content…Oh and I used healthier choice of brown rice instead of white. Added nice freshly ground black pepper!
Full of flavor and perfect for chilly nights! Would make again!
I love this idea of saving time on making stuffed peppers and making it into a soup instead. It’s brilliant! This would be the perfect dinner to whip up at the last minute.