Stuffed zucchini boats filled with the flavors of chicken parmesan. This low carbohydrate, high protein meal will leave you feeling satisfied!
I love swapping out the processed ingredients in recipes for whole fruits and vegetables!
That was the idea for these chicken parmesan zucchini boats. Instead of having a fried piece of chicken on a bed of pasta, this recipe calls for sautéed ground chicken served in hollowed out zucchini. It gets the chicken parmesan essence from mixing pasta sauce into the chicken. And, of course, the whole thing gets covered in mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
For another fruit and vegetable swap, try this Cranberry Tuna Salad on Apple Slices.
To make this recipe, start by cutting some zucchini in half. Use a spoon to scrape the seeds and the middle out of the zucchini, creating zucchini boats.
Brown some ground chicken in a skillet. Stir in some garlic and pasta sauce. Then, spoon the chicken mixture into the zucchini boats.
Cover the zucchini with shredded mozzarella and grated parmesan cheese. Cover, and bake until the cheese is melted and the zucchini is soft.
Find more of my recipes on TikTok
Chicken Parmesan Zucchini Boats Recipe
- 4 medium zucchini about 1 ¾ pounds
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup pasta sauce
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Optional: sliced fresh basil for topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and break it apart with a spoon. Add the salt and pepper. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Stir occasionally and break down the chicken into small chunks.
- Reduce the heat to low. Add the garlic to the chicken. Cook 1 minute stirring often. Add the pasta sauce. Cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- As the chicken cooks, cut the zucchini in half, lengthwise. Use a spoon to scoop the seeds and center out of each zucchini half, leaving a ¼ inch thick zucchini boat.
- Place the zucchini in the baking dish cut-side up.
- Spoon the chicken mixture into the zucchini boats. Press the mixture down into the zucchini using the back of the spoon.
- Sprinkle the zucchini evenly with the parmesan, then the mozzarella cheese.
- Cover the baking dish with foil. Bake for 35 minutes.
- Sprinkle with fresh basil and serve.
Check out all of my great chicken recipes.
So very good!! Super easy to make!
I wonder if you can make jt ahead of time and bake it the next day..
Easy and delicious! You can make the filling ahead of time for a quick and healthy weeknight meal.
We take the scoopings from making the boats and run it through our food processor and add it to the filling for added healthy goodness!
My whole family likes this recipe. It has been added to a regular rotation at our house.
Made this tonight, so filling and yummy!! Left me feeling energized but satisfied. Added a little Italian seasoning and likes the extra flavor it gave 🙂
I’m just a 20-something beginner chef who took a stab at making these tonight for my parents, and we all LOVED these zucchini boats! Holy YUM! I followed it as written and served the boats with warm ciabatta rolls on the side. This is one I’m definitely bookmarking for the (near) future! Thank you so much, Amanda — not only for a tasty meal but for showing me how fun and effortless adulting can be!
Loved this! I used Rao’s marinara (delicious) and added some seasoned breadcrumbs to the chicken and sauce before scooping it into the boats. Would definitely make again!!
The recipe was simple to made. Just added a kick of my homemade Puerto Rican sofrito and the rest of the recipe. I shared this friend with my two sisters. As a side dish just mixed salad. A health dinner meal. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
Followed the recipe to the letter…this was delicious! Thank you!
Super easy, tasty and healthy! I add the swooped put zucchini to the ground turkey/chicken and add a little whole wheat bread crumbs to help keep it together. I make this weekly. So yummy.
Never thought I would love zucchini because of the texture but this recipe makes it so delicious!! Simple and easy to make!!
Since I stopped smoking a month and half ago, I started to eat healthier. I came across this recipe and made it for dinner today. It was fantastic and full of flavor. I will definitely make this delicious dish again!!!
Load More Comments