Honey Lemon Skillet Salmon – an easy dinner recipe made in minutes. Salmon is pan fried, broiled, and basted in a sauce made of honey, lemon, and coconut oil.
Skillet salmon recipes are so easy! Especially when you have an oven proof skillet, like a cast iron skillet.
To make this simple fish recipe:
- Preheat the broiler
- Melt coconut oil in a large cast iron skillet, or oven safe pan
- Stir in honey and lemon juice
- Add the salmon to the skillet and baste with the sauce
- Cook 4 minutes
- Baste again and sprinkle with salt
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and broil
- Rest for 3-4 minutes
- Drizzle with extra pan sauce
Skillet salmon cook time:
- On the stove top for 4 minutes.
- Under the broiler for 4 minutes.
- Resting for 3 minutes.
Easy pan seared salmon recipes are perfect for a busy weeknight meal!
What vegetable to serve with salmon? Check out these recipes.
- Avocado Cucumber Tomato Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Sugar Snap Peas with Garlic
- Lemony Roasted Asparagus
- Sweet Pea Salad
Honey Lemon Skillet Salmon
Watch The Recipe Video Here
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 wild caught salmon filets about 5 ounces each
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place an oven rack 9-10 inches from the broiler. Preheat the broiler to high.
- Add the coconut oil to a large cast iron skillet (or an oven safe frying pan). Place over medium heat to melt the coconut oil (about 3 minutes). Stir in the honey. Then stir in the lemon juice.
- Add the salmon (skin side down, if applicable) to the skillet. Baste the salmon with the sauce. Cook for 4 minutes.
- Baste with the sauce again. Sprinkle the top of the salmon with salt.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and broil for 4-5 minutes, until the tops of the salmon start to darken in spots.
- Remove the salmon from the skillet and let it rest for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve warm drizzled with some extra pan sauce.