Sugar Snap Peas With Garlic – An easy side dish recipe that only takes 10 minutes to prepare and calls for a few ingredients. This recipe can be made with sugar snap peas or snow peas.
Sugar snap peas have a natural sweetness that shines through in this recipe. They are best when they still have a little crunch. So, there’s no need to cook them for very long. It’s the same if you are using snow peas.
How To Make Sugar Snap Peas
- Heat some canola oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the pea pods, salt, and pepper.
- Sauté for 5-6 minutes.
- Add minced garlic to the snap peas
- Cook for another minute.
- Remove the skillet from the heat so the garlic doesn’t burn.
That’s all there is to it. Some of the pea pods will have a little bit of browning on the edges, but they should still be a nice bright green.
Try These Other Easy Side Dish Recipes
Watch The Step By Step Recipe Video For Sugar Snap Peas With Garlic Below
Find more of my recipes on TikTok
Sugar Snap Peas with Garlic Recipe
- 8 oz. (about 3 cups) fresh sugar snap peas
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil (or your preferred cooking oil)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves -minced
- Trim the stems from the pea pods.
- Preheat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the pea pods, salt, and pepper to the skillet. Stir to combine. Cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat to low. Stir in the garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes stirring often. Remove from heat.