Sugar Snap Peas With Garlic – An easy side dish recipe that only takes 10 minutes to prepare and calls for a few ingredients. This recipe can be made with sugar snap peas or snow peas.
Sugar snap peas have a natural sweetness that shines through in this recipe. They are best when they still have a little crunch. So, there’s no need to cook them for very long. It’s the same if you are using snow peas.
How To Make Sugar Snap Peas
- Heat some canola oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the pea pods, salt, and pepper.
- Sauté for 5-6 minutes.
- Add minced garlic to the snap peas
- Cook for another minute.
- Remove the skillet from the heat so the garlic doesn’t burn.
That’s all there is to it. Some of the pea pods will have a little bit of browning on the edges, but they should still be a nice bright green.
Try These Other Easy Side Dish Recipes
Watch The Step By Step Recipe Video For Sugar Snap Peas With Garlic Below
Sugar Snap Peas with Garlic Recipe
- 8 oz. (about 3 cups) fresh sugar snap peas
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil (or your preferred cooking oil)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves -minced
- Trim the stems from the pea pods.
- Preheat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the pea pods, salt, and pepper to the skillet. Stir to combine. Cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat to low. Stir in the garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes stirring often. Remove from heat.