Crock Pot Italian Chicken Tortellini Soup – An easy dinner recipe made in the slow cooker. It’s loaded with shredded chicken, veggies, cheese tortellini, and an Italian seasoned broth that gets extra flavor from a jar of pasta sauce.Easy recipes are my jam! I especially love slow cooker recipes that let me get a lot of the work done in the morning. This crock pot soup recipe is perfect for those busy weeknight meals.
How to make homemade chicken soup with tortellini:
- Add chopped carrots, celery, onion, and garlic to a large slow cooker.
- Add chicken broth, a jar of pasta sauce, and Italian seasoning.
- Add boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
- Push the chicken down into the liquid.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- Lightly shred the chicken.
- Add the shredded chicken back to the crock pot.
- Add a bag of frozen tortellini.
- Cover and cook on low for 20 more minutes.
What goes with Chicken Tortellini Soup?
- I like to sprinkle my soup with grated parmesan cheese.
- Some nice crusty bread is perfect for mopping up this amazing Italian soup broth.
- A side salad would go great with this. Try dressing it with my homemade Garlic and Herb Vinaigrette
Looking for more slow cooker soup recipes? Check these out.
- Crock Pot Loaded Potato Soup
- Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Crock Pot Ranch Beef Stew
- Slow Cooker Smokey Black Bean Soup
- Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup
Watch how to make Crock Pot Italian Chicken Tortellini Soup in this step by step recipe video below.
Crock Pot Italian Chicken Tortellini Soup - An easy dinner recipe made in the slow cooker. It's loaded with shredded chicken, veggies, cheese tortellini, and an Italian seasoned broth that gets extra flavor from a jar of pasta sauce.
- 1 1/2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 1/2 cups sliced celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (24 oz.) jar pasta sauce (2 1/2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs (20 oz.)
- 16 oz. frozen cheese tortellini
- Optional: Parmesan cheese for serving
- Add the carrots, celery, onion, and garlic to a large, 6 quart slow cooker.
- Add the broth, pasta sauce, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper to the crock pot. Stir well.
- Add the chicken thighs to the liquid, trying to submerge the chicken.
Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours*.
Remove the chicken from the crock pot and slightly shred. Return the chicken to the slow cooker. Add the tortellini and stir well. Cover and cook on low for 20 minutes, until the tortellini is warmed through.
- Serve warm with parmesan cheese.
*It is possible to cook this soup longer (8-10 hours). However, the longer the soup cooks, the drier the chicken will become. This soup is best cooked on low for 5-6 hours. Cooking times can vary between different slow cookers. Be sure chicken is cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.