Crock Pot Italian Chicken Tortellini Soup – An easy dinner recipe made in the slow cooker. It’s loaded with shredded chicken, veggies, cheese tortellini, and an Italian seasoned broth that gets extra flavor from a jar of pasta sauce.Easy recipes are my jam! I especially love slow cooker recipes that let me get a lot of the work done in the morning. This crock pot soup recipe is perfect for those busy weeknight meals.
How to make homemade chicken soup with tortellini:
- Add chopped carrots, celery, onion, and garlic to a large slow cooker.
- Add chicken broth, a jar of pasta sauce, and Italian seasoning.
- Add boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
- Push the chicken down into the liquid.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- Lightly shred the chicken.
- Add the shredded chicken back to the crock pot.
- Add a bag of frozen tortellini.
- Cover and cook on low for 20 more minutes.
What goes with Chicken Tortellini Soup?
- I like to sprinkle my soup with grated parmesan cheese.
- Some nice crusty bread is perfect for mopping up this amazing Italian soup broth.
- A side salad would go great with this.
Looking for more slow cooker soup recipes? Check these out.
Watch how to make Crock Pot Italian Chicken Tortellini Soup in this step by step recipe video below.
Find more of my recipes on TikTok
Crock Pot Italian Chicken Tortellini Soup Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 1/2 cups sliced celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (24 oz.) jar pasta sauce (2 ½ cups)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs (20 oz.)
- 16 oz. frozen cheese tortellini
- Optional: Parmesan cheese for serving
- Add the carrots, celery, onion, and garlic to a large, 6 quart slow cooker.
- Add the broth, pasta sauce, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper to the crock pot. Stir well.
- Add the chicken thighs to the liquid, trying to submerge the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours*.
- Remove the chicken from the crock pot and slightly shred. Return the chicken to the slow cooker. Add the tortellini and stir well. Cover and cook on low for 20 minutes, until the tortellini is warmed through.
- Serve warm with parmesan cheese.
Check out all of my great chicken recipes.
How much approximately is a serving size?
I really love this dish. Tried it today!!!
I absolutely love this recipe. Ive used it 3x already adding my own twists and so great each time. Effective and delicious! Thank u for the ideas!
can you make this on the stove instead?
I love this dish. I will have to make it soon and try it!
so so so brilliant! Love this comfort food recipe and how easy it is!
SO easy made in the slow cooker! And definitely a soup the whole family will love!