Crock Pot Minestrone is the perfect healthy soup. It’s loaded with tons of vegetables and full of great flavor.
It’s December 29th and I’m officially sick of eating all the heavy holiday meals and treats. I’m craving lighter, healthier meals. But, of course, it still needs to taste amazing. This soup is perfect for that.
This minestrone is full of so many vegetables. It’s got an Italian seasoned tomato based broth. And, two kinds of beans for some vegetarian protein.
How To Make Crock Pot Minestrone Soup
Note: This is a summary. The full printable recipe card is at the bottom of this post.
- Add peeled and cubed potatoes to a large slow cooker.
- Add chopped onion and frozen cut green beans. You could use fresh green beans, but there are a lot of vegetables to chop for this recipe so I like this short cut.
- Add sliced celery, carrots, and zucchini.
- Add frozen corn kernels.
- Add tomato sauce, broth, and petite diced tomatoes.
- Add Italian seasoning, sugar, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and bay leaves.
- Add drained and rinsed red kidney beans and white beans.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours, or high for 4 hours.
- Add chopped baby spinach leaves.
- Cook another 15 minutes.
- Serve topped with grated parmesan cheese.
Can This Be Made Ahead
Yes. There is a lot of chopping to do to make this soup. So, I like to do all of my vegetable chopping the night before I want to make this. Then, in the morning, it takes about 5 minutes to get everything into the slow cooker.
This soup also reheats well. So, you could make the soup. Store it in the refrigerator for a few days. Then, put in in a large pot and heat it on the stove top.
Can This Be Frozen
Yes. Let the soup cool completely. Transfer it into sealable food storage containers. This recipe makes a lot of soup, so you may need several storage containers. Store in the freezer for up to three months. Then, transfer to the refrigerator to thaw the day before you want to reheat it.
More Great Slow Cooker Recipes
Find more of my recipes on TikTok
Crock Pot Minestrone Soup Recipe
- 2 cups russet potato peeled and chopped into 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (15 oz.) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 1 (15 oz.) can white beans, drained and rinsed (cannellini beans, navy beans, northern beans, etc.)
- 1 (15 oz.) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups loosely-packed roughly-chopped baby spinach leaves
- For Serving: Grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large 6 quart slow cooker, add the potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, zucchini, green beans, broth, diced tomatoes with their juices, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, sugar, salt, garlic powder, pepper, and bay leaves. Stir until well combined.
- Add the drained and rinsed white and kidney beans. Gently stir.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- Remove the bay leaves. Add the chopped spinach leaves. Stir.
- Cover and cook for an additional 15 minutes, until the spinach is soft.
- Serve hot topped with Parmesan cheese.