Crock Pot Beef and Bean Chili Cheese Dip – Only 4 ingredients in this easy appetizer recipe!
Disclosure: This recipe post is sponsored by BUSH’S® Beans. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Wholesome Dish!
This crock pot cheese dip is one of my favorite appetizers to bring to a party or serve on game day. The slow cooker keeps it warm until it’s time to serve. So, all the prep work is done ahead of time and it stays warm for hours.
There are only four ingredients in this chili cheese dip! How easy is that?
The big time saver in this recipe is the BUSH’S® Mild Kidney Chili Beans. They’re dark red kidney beans that have been slow simmered in chili sauce seasoned with tomatoes, chili peppers, and cumin.
The BUSH’S® Mild Kidney Chili Beans are packed with flavor. That’s why only 4 ingredients are needed in this recipe.
How to make Crock Pot Beef and Bean Chili Cheese Dip:
- Cook and crumble some ground beef.
- In a slow cooker, add the ground beef, BUSH’S® Mild Kidney Chili Beans, cubed Velveeta cheese product, and salsa.
- Stir the ingredients until they are well combined.
- Cover and cook on low for 1 1/2 hours.
- Stir well. Then, cook for an additional 1/2 hour.
- Turn the crock pot to the warm setting until it’s time to serve the dip.
- Stir well before serving with dippers like tortilla chips, veggies, crackers, etc.
This slow cooker chili cheese dip is a crowd pleaser. It’s sure to be a big hit at your next party or for game day!
Crock Pot Beef & Bean Chili Cheese Dip
- 1 pound 90% lean ground beef
- 1 (16 oz.) can BUSH'S® Mild Kidney Chili Beans
- 8 oz. Velveeta cheese product -cut into small cubes
- 1 cup salsa
- For serving: tortilla chips, crackers, cut raw vegetables, etc.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef and break it apart with a wooden spoon. Cook for 6-8 minutes until browned, stirring occasionally. Drain the excess fat from the meat, if necessary.
- Transfer the cooked beef to a slow cooker*. Add the undrained beans, Velveeta cheese product, and salsa. Stir well.
- Cover the crock pot and cook on low for 1 1/2 hours. Stir well. Cover and cook an additional 1/2 hour.
- Turn the slow cooker to the warm setting until ready to serve. Stir well before serving with tortilla chips, crackers, cut vegetables, etc.