Easy Chili Mac is a one pot recipe made in minutes. It’s flavorful ground beef chili cooked with macaroni noodles and topped with cheese.
How To Make Easy Chili Mac
Note: This is a summary. The full printable recipe card is at the bottom of this post.
- Add ground beef and chopped onion to a soup pot.
- Break the beef apart and cook.
- Add beef broth, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt, sugar, and pepper.
- Bring the liquid to a simmer.
- Add the macaroni.
- Cook until the pasta is tender, about 12 minutes.
Be Sure To Stir
One Pot Pastas have a tendency to stick to the bottom of the pot if they are not stirred often enough. Be sure to stir the pasta every two to three minutes to prevent sticking.
The pasta will soak up most of the liquid but it should still be a little saucy.
I like to serve my chili mac topped with shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream.
HOW TO STORE
Keep leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator. They will last 3-4 days.
You could freeze leftovers for up to 3 months, but the texture won’t be as good. The noodles will be very soft. Place in the refrigerator to defrost the day before you want to reheat it.
HOW TO REHEAT
I like to reheat the chili mac in a skillet over medium heat. Heat it until it is warmed through, occasionally giving it a gentle stir.
More One Pot Pasta Recipes
Find more of my recipes on TikTok
Easy Chili Mac Recipe
- 1 pound 90-93% lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups beef broth
- 15 ounce can petite diced tomatoes
- 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni about 2 cups
- For serving: shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, etc.
- Add the ground beef and onion to a large soup pot and place it over medium-high heat. Break the beef apart with a wooden spoon. Cook for 6-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the beef is browned and the onions are soft.
- Add the broth, diced tomatoes (with their juices), tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt, sugar, and pepper to the beef. Stir well. Bring the liquid to a simmer.
- Add the macaroni. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is tender, about 12 minutes.
- Serve topped with shredded cheddar, sour cream, etc.