The weather is starting to cool off and I’m getting excited for Fall, specifically Fall foods. This is about the time of year when I start craving warm soups and stews. This stew is great because it is low in fat and calories but doesn’t taste like it.
Crock pot Italian chicken stew only takes a few minutes to prepare, then a slow cooker does most of the work. It has lean chicken, lots of veggies, and a jar of pasta sauce contributing to its rich, thick, and flavorful broth.
It’s perfect for a cool fall evening!
Crock Pot Italian Chicken Stew Recipe
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 (24 oz.) jar prepared pasta sauce
- 1 (15 oz.) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 oz. button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion. chopped
- 1 small russet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium sweet pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into large bite-size chunks
- In a large slow cooker, combine the white wine and flour. Whisk well until all of the flour is dissolved.
- Add the pasta sauce, diced tomatoes (with the juice), broth, Italian seasoning, seasoned salt, and black pepper. Whisk well to combine.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Cover. Cook on low heat setting for 4-5 hours.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 182 Calories from fat 96|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 2.8||4%|
|Saturated Fat 0.1||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 4||16%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|