Crock pot chicken enchilada soup is light and packed with veggies, black beans, and lean chicken. It has a flavorful broth made from enchilada sauce, Rotel, sour cream, and chicken broth.
Shredded cheese and tortilla strips, or crumbled tortilla chips are great toppings for this Mexican style soup.
To make this soup, add the veggies, chicken, sauce, broth, and spices to a crock pot. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 5-6 hours. Remove the chicken and let it cool for 10 minutes. In the meantime, stir in black beans and sour cream. Shred the chicken with two forks and add it back to the soup. Serve with optional garnishes.
This soup gets its spiciness from the Rotel and the type of enchilada sauce used. If you don’t like spicy foods, simply use a mild enchilada sauce and swap out the Rotel for diced tomatoes.
Most grocery stores will carry both green and red enchilada sauce. I used red, but green would be delicious too.
Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup Recipe
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 medium sweet bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 10 oz. can Rotel diced tomatoes & green chilies
- 1 10 oz. jar (or can) enchilada sauce
- 4 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- optional: shredded cheese and tortilla chips for topping
- Add the first twelve ingredients to a crock pot (all but the beans, sour cream, and toppings) and cook for 3-4 hours on high or 5-6 hours on low.
- Remove chicken breasts from the crock pot and stir the black beans and sour cream into the soup. Let the chicken rest on a cutting board for 10 minutes. Shred the chicken with two forks and add it back to the soup.
- Serve with optional shredded cheese, and tortilla chips.
|Serving Size||1 cup|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 201 Calories from fat|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 3.7||6%|
|Saturated Fat 1||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.9||16%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|