Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Boats – a simple stuffed zucchini recipe that only calls for four ingredients.
Hollowed out zucchini squash is stuffed with cooked ground chicken mixed with buffalo wing sauce; topped with cheese; and baked.
This recipe is a great way to use up all that summer zucchini! And, it’s great for those people who are looking for high protein, low carbohydrate dinners.
- 4 small-medium zucchini (about 1¾ pounds)
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- ½ cup Buffalo Wing Sauce (not regular hot sauce)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and break it apart with a wooden spoon. Cook for 7-9 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the skillet from the heat. Stir in the buffalo wing sauce.
- As the chicken cooks, cut the zucchini in half, lengthwise. Use a spoon to scoop the seeds and center out of each zucchini half, leaving a ¼ inch thick zucchini boat. Place the zucchini in the baking dish cut-side up.
- Spoon the chicken mixture into the zucchini boats. Sprinkle the zucchini evenly with the cheese.
- Cover the baking dish with foil. Bake for 35 minutes.