One Pot Southwest Pasta – Dinner in under 30 minutes in one pot! Pasta, black beans, corn, and bell peppers with Rotel and taco seasoning.
One Pot Pasta
One pot pasta recipes are so easy! Simply put uncooked pasta, veggies, seasoning, and broth into a large pot, cover it, and let it cook for about 12-15 minutes. That’s it! The pasta absorbs the cooking liquid and creates an almost creamy sauce.
This southwest style pasta gets a spicy kick from a can of Rotel (tomatoes and green chilies) and taco seasoning.
How To Make This Southwest Pasta Recipe
*Note: The full printable recipe card is at the bottom of this post.
- Add uncooked pasta to a large pot.
- Add corn, bell peppers, onion, Rotel, taco seasoning, salt, olive oil, and broth.
- Bring the liquid to a boil then reduce to simmer.
- Cover and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Add a can of drained and rinsed black beans.
- Add shredded Mexican cheese cheese blend to the pasta.
- Stir well.
- Let the pasta rest for a few minutes to absorb the remaining liquid and melt the cheese.
This recipe calls for whole wheat pasta, but regular pasta could also be used.
Try These Other Great 1 Pot Pasta Recipes
Watch The Step By Step Recipe Video For One Pot Southwest Pasta Below
One Pot Wonder Southwest Pasta Recipe
Watch The Recipe Video Here
- 1 (13.5 oz.) box of whole wheat rotini or any pasta you like
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 (15 oz.) can Rotel canned tomatoes and chilies, I used the Mexican blend with lime and cilantro
- 1/4 cup taco seasoning, I used Old El Paso, medium
- 1 tsp. salt*
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups fat-free chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup Mexican cheese blend, plus more for topping (Optional)
- Add all but the last 2 ingredients (beans and cheese) to a large pot. Stir, cover, and bring to a rolling boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, covered, for 12-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. There should be 1/4 to 1/2 inch of liquid in the bottom of the pot when it is done.
- Remove from heat. Stir in the black beans and cheese (optional). Let it rest for 5 minutes to warm the beans, melt the cheese, and absorb the excess liquid.