Strawberry cheesecake baked oatmeal – Strawberry baked oats with a cheesecake swirl. A great breakfast for feeding a crowd or make ahead for the week.
I decided to come up with a few new holiday recipes this week. Strawberry baked oatmeal may not sound like traditional holiday food. But, this is the time of year when many people need to feed a crowd, even at breakfast time.
This baked oatmeal with applesauce recipe is perfect for that. It makes a lot. It’s filling. And, it’s got a cheesecake flavored swirl, so it’s delicious.
You could even do all the prep work ahead of time to make this an overnight baked oatmeal. That way, all you have to do in the morning is bake it.
Baked oatmeal keeps in the refrigerator for up to a week. You could also freeze any left overs and defrost them later.
How to make this Strawberry Cheesecake Oatmeal Breakfast Bake.
- Add eggs, oil, and sugar to a large bowl.
- Whisk to combine.
- Add applesauce, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt.
- Whisk to combine.
- Add oats, strawberries, and baking powder.
- Stir until the oats are well coated.
- Add cream cheese, powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla to a bowl.
- Whisk to combine.
- Pour the oat mixture into a baking dish.
- Drizzle the oats with the cheesecake mixture.
- Make a swirl pattern with a butter knife.
- Cool and slice.
Check out these other great Baked Oats recipes.
- Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal Muffins
- Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal
- To-Go Baked Oatmeal with your Favorite Toppings
- Blueberry Banana Baked Oatmeal from Live Well Bake Often
- Morning Glory Baked Oatmeal from The Washington Post
Watch the step by step video for this Strawberry Cheesecake Baked Oatmeal recipe below.
Find more of my recipes on TikTok
Strawberry Cheesecake Baked Oatmeal Recipe
For the oats
- 2 large eggs
- 3 Tablespoons canola oil -or your preferred cooking oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup milk -or your preferred milk alternative
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 3 cups sliced strawberries -fresh or frozen
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
For the cheesecake drizzle
- 4 oz. cream cheese -softened to room temperature
- 3 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Prepare the oats. In a large bowl, add the eggs, oil, and granulated sugar. Whisk until the sugar is dissolved. Add the milk, applesauce, 2 teaspoons vanilla, the cinnamon, and the salt. Whisk until well combined. Add the oats, strawberries, and baking powder. Stir until the oats are well coated in the liquid.
- Pour the oats into the prepared baking dish and spread into an even layer.
- Prepare the Cheesecake Drizzle. In a small bowl add the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon of milk, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Whisk until well combined. This should be thin enough to slowly pour. If it’s too thick, add more milk, or microwave for a few seconds.
- Drizzle the cream cheese mixture back and forth (in a zig zag motion) on top of the oats. Turn the baking dish 90 degrees. Drag a butter knife back and forth (in a zig zag motion) through the oats and cream cheese making a swirl design.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Let it cool for at least 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
I made this recipe as written and it turned out fantastic. Both my husband and my son loved it as well. I put the cream cheese in the microwave for about 20-25 seconds and then mixed it with the other ingredients for the drizzle and it was perfect. The second time I made it, I used peaches and added cinnamon to the cream cheese drizzle. My husband wants me to make blueberry next and I would also like to try it with a berry mix. I will be making this dish again and again. Thanks for the great recipe.
This was fantastic. Especially, perfect for Valentines Day.
Wow!! Best recipe for baked oatmeal. I used strawberry cream cheese to add a little extra strawberry flavor. So easy to make.
This is a delicious dish! I would just like to make a few comments that others might find helpful:
The recipe was a but confusing regarding the oats, so I would recommend watching the video. The Ingredients call for 3 Cups Oats, but in the Directions is says “Prepare Oats”. To me, that means prepare according to package directions. However now that I’ve had a chance to look back (post holiday), it does not. You use the oats raw. It would help if instead of saying Prepare Oats, it just said add uncooked oats to (other ingredients) etc…, (Note: I use a 7 grain blend, so it was probably best that I did cook the oats before adding to the mix.)
Also, the cream cheese mixture was no where near creamy enough to drizzle, or even pour. I would recommend either adding more milk, or heating slightly in a microwave for a few seconds.
And finally, not sure if this is only because I precooked my oats, but I had to use 2 pans that morning, and the mix that was baked in a metal pan set up much better than that in the glass pan.
Tastes amazing. It’s been hard not eating it all
I found your recipe on Pinterest, and honestly, it’s one of the best baked oatmeal I’ve ever had!!!! My sister made the oatmeal for breakfast, and the house smelled heavenly. I ate the oatmeal with breakfast sausage links. I don’t think the baked oatmeal stands a chance because it’s almost gone. Thank you so much for this recipe, Amanda. I can’t wait to make it again!!! 🙂
Made this exactly as written. So good. I love it for breakfast with a vanilla yogurt or banana on the side and a coffee. If you don’t like sweets for breakfast this would be great as a dessert with whipped cream on top.
can i leave out the oil? or what would be a healthier replacement?
thanks for the recipe!
I see coconut oil, or you could add extra applesauce.
Can you make and bake this the night before and then just reheat in the morning? I”m going to a brunch at work and have about an hour commute so don’t want to get up and make it in the morning.
I’m not a oatmeal enthusiasts but I’ll try this one. It sure looks delicious ?
could I use quick oats?
Yes. It works the same.
Thank you so much for this recipe. My BF, who says he doesn’t like oatmeal, loved it. I’ve been trying hard to make healthy breakfasts we can take to work. I have one question. If I reduced the sugar in the oatmeal do you know if it would do anything bad to the recipe (other than make it less sweet).
You can reduce the sugar if you like. It will still cook up the same, just not quite a sweet.
This was totally delish, made this with berries and added oat bran to boost the fiber. my housemates can’t stop talking about it!
This was really good! I added in some flax seed and had to use granulated sugar for the glaze. I’m breastfeeding so I’m looking for different oatmeal recipes. This one will go in the rotation for sure. Thanks!
Thank you for this delicious goodness! I didn’t have applesauce so I substituted a banana! Will be making this often!
I just made this. It looks good, tastes good, smells good. However, I am not sure that it is done. The top is golden and the bottom is golden but it is still quite wet in the middle. I used fresh strawberries. Is it typical that is it wet in the middle or should it be dry like a cake? And how do you know it is done if it is still so wet in the middle? I put it bake in the oven after forty minutes for seven additional minutes and turned the convection on. If it is in the oven anymore it will surely burn on the bottom. Thanks!
Never mind my earlier comment. After letting it sit it wasn’t nearly as moist in the middle! This was a HUGE hit! Very delicious! I will definitely make this again!!
Do you think you could put it together the night before and then bake it in the morning?