Easy Mushroom Pasta comes together in minutes. Spaghetti is coated in a simple sauce made from seasoned sautéed mushrooms and parmesan cheese.
This pasta is so easy and versatile. Sometimes I make it as a main dish and sometimes I make it as a side dish. Try it with my Baked Parmesan Crusted Chicken.
How To Make Easy Mushroom Pasta
Note: This is a summary. The full printable recipe card is at the bottom of this post.
- Boil some spaghetti.
- As the pasta cooks, make the mushroom sauce.
- Add butter and olive oil to a skillet.
- Add sliced mushrooms. Cook.
- Add chopped onions. Cook.
- Add minced garlic, salt, pepper, and dried thyme. Cook.
- Reserve 1 cup of the starchy cooking water from the pasta.
- Add some of the water to the skillet.
- Scrape up any brown bits off the bottom of the skillet.
- Drain the water from the pasta.
- Combine the cooked pasta, mushroom sauce, and parmesan cheese.
Reserved Pasta Water
If the pasta seems a little dry, add more of the starchy cooking liquid to loosen up the sauce.
More Easy Pasta Recipes
Find more of my recipes on TikTok
Easy Mushroom Pasta Recipe
- 8 ounces Spaghetti
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 16 ounces white mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta according to its package directions. Before draining the pasta, reserve one cup of the starchy cooking water.
- As the pasta cooks, make the mushroom sauce. Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the butter and olive oil. Once the butter is melted, add the mushrooms. Cook for five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the onions to the skillet. Cook for five minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onions are soft and the mushrooms are dark.
- Add the garlic, salt, time, and pepper. Cook for two minutes, stirring often.
- Remove the skillet from the heat. Slowly and carefully add ¼ cup of the reserved water. Stir and scrape up any brown bits from the bottom of the skillet.
- Add the mushrooms and the Parmesan cheese to the cooked and drained pasta. Stir well.
- If the pasta looks a little dry, add more cooking water.