This fresh crunchy salad is full of flavors similar to Mexican street corn with a creamy dressing and lots of cotija cheese.
Disclaimer: This is not an authentic Mexican street corn recipe. This is a chopped salad recipe with similar flavors to street corn.
How To Make Street Corn Salad
Note: This is a summary. The full printable recipe card is at the bottom of this post.
- Add chopped romaine lettuce to a large bowl.
- Add fresh cut corn kernels, chopped red onion, chopped cilantro, and halved cherry tomatoes.
- Add crumbled cotija cheese.
- To make the dressing, add sour cream to a mixing bowl.
- Add salsa, lime juice, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Pour the dressing over the salad.
- Stir to coat the salad in the dressing.
Leftovers of this salad make a great topping for tacos.
Can This Be Made Ahead
Yes. But, I recommend keeping the veggies and the salad dressing separate and combining them just before serving. As the salad rests in the dressing, the veggies will lose some of their crunchiness.
More Great Salad Recipes
Find more of my recipes on TikTok
Street Corn Chopped Salad Recipe
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 cups corn kernels (I used fresh cut)
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup crumbled cotija cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons salsa
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Add the romaine to a large bowl. Add the corn, tomatoes, red onion, and cilantro. Stir.
- Add the crumbled cotija cheese. Stir.
- In a mixing bowl, add the dressing ingredients. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour the dressing on the salad. Stir until the salad is evenly coated in the dressing.