This is a no-peek chicken and rice casserole. The uncooked rice, chicken, and cheddar bacon ranch seasonings all get cooked together in a baking dish.
This is an easy weeknight meal that the whole family will love. It’s got tons of flavor from a packet of ranch seasoning, shredded cheddar cheese, and cooked crumbled bacon smothering the chicken and mixed in with the rice.
It only takes about 5 minutes to prepare. And, you only need a handful of ingredients to make it.
How To Make Chicken & Rice Casserole
Note: This is a summary. The full printable recipe card is at the bottom of this post.
- Add condensed cheddar cheese soup and a ranch seasoning packet to a mixing bowl.
- Whisk it together.
- Add uncooked white rice and water to the bowl.
- Whisk together.
- Place uncooked chicken breasts in a baking dish.
- Pour the rice mixture over the chicken.
- Sprinkle the top with bacon bits and shredded cheddar.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil.
- Seal the foil around the edges of the dish.
Trap In That Steam!
Be careful to create a tight seal around the edges of your baking dish with the aluminum foil to trap in the steam and cook the rice. If the steam escapes, the rice won’t cook properly.
How To Store
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Or, store it in the freezer. Transfer the leftovers to the refrigerator the day before you want to serve it to defrost.
More Easy Chicken Recipes
Find more of my recipes on TikTok
Cheddar Bacon Ranch Chicken and Rice Casserole Recipe
- 4 (8 oz.) boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2 pounds total)
- 10.5 oz. can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1 oz. packet dry ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 cup long grain white rice uncooked
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup cooked bacon bits or crumbled bacon pieces
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place the chicken in the baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, add the soup and ranch seasoning. Whisk until well combined. Add the rice and water to the bowl. Whisk until the soup is dissolved in the water.
- Pour the rice mixture evenly in the dish over the chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle the bacon bits evenly over the chicken and rice. Top with the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil. Make sure the foil is sealed around the edges to trap in the steam and cook the rice.
- Cook for an hour and 15 minutes.