No-Bake 4-Ingredient Peanut Butter Energy Bites are a quick, simple, make ahead snack for on the go!
I love a recipe that I can whip up in a couple of minutes with ingredients that I always have on hand! This is one of those recipes. These tasty little energy balls only have 4 ingredients: oats, peanut butter, maple syrup, and chocolate chips.
They could’t be easier to make. Just stir all the ingredients together, chill for about 30 minutes, then pat into balls.
I’ve always been a huge fan of the peanut butter and chocolate flavor combo! However, I’m sure any nut butter, like almond butter, would be great in this recipe.
This peanut butter energy ball recipe is my submission for this month’s Recipe Redux theme, which is supporting fellow Recipe Redux members. I chose to do a recipe inspired by Rachel from Delicious Balance. She has a recipe for Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Date Balls on her site that looks fantastic! It inspired me to make an easy energy ball recipe. She’s a fellow dietitian who creates lots of great recipes, so be sure to check her out!
- 1½ cups old fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- ⅓ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl. Mix together until well incorporated. Cover and chill in a refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Grab about a heaping tablespoon full of the mixture and press it into a ball with your palms. Repeat with the remaining oat mixture, making about 16 energy bites.
- Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
Check out these other great recipes from Recipe Redux bloggers!