Vinegar Marinated Cucumbers is one of the easiest side dishes ever. These cucumbers are sweet, tangy, and crunchy.
During the summer months, I make this easy side dish about once a week. It is so simple and so good! These cucumbers are cool and crunchy with tons of flavor. They make a great side dish for a BBQ or potluck.
How To Make Vinegar Cucumbers
- Peel and slice 2 cucumbers.
- Add vinegar, warm water, sugar, salt, and pepper to a bowl.
- Whisk together.
- Add the cucumbers to the vinegar.
- Marinate for at least an hour.
- Drain the liquid off the cucumbers.
- Serve cold.
Try these other easy side dish recipes:
You can start marinating these cucumbers in the vinegar mixture for up to a day ahead of time. Any longer than that and they won’t be as crunchy.
Store any leftover cucumbers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. However, after about a day they start to lose some of their crunch.
Find more of my recipes on TikTok
Easy Vinegar Marinated Cucumbers Recipe
- 2 medium to large cucumbers
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Peel and thinly slice the cucumbers. Discard the ends.
- In a large bowl, add the vinegar, water, sugar, salt, and pepper. Whisk until the sugar is dissolved.
- And the cucumbers the bowl. Stir well until all of the cucumbers have been coated in liquid.
- Cover the bowl. Refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour and up to 1 day.
- Drain the liquid from the cucumbers. Serve cold.