The Best Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe – An easy chocolate chip cookie recipe made in minutes. These are the best homemade chocolate chip cookies ever!
There’s nothing better than chocolate chip cookies from scratch! A warm, fresh chocolate chip cookie with a big glass of milk is comfort food at it’s finest.
I’ve tried a lot of chocolate chip cookie recipes over the years. I keep finding that many of the recipes have at least one long wait time. They require you to either wait a couple of hours to bring the butter and eggs to room temperature, or wait for the dough to chill in the refrigerator for an hour. Sometimes both.
I’m too impatient! 🙂 I want to be able to relax on my couch and suddenly decide I need some homemade, soft, and chewy chocolate chip cookies. Then, have them baking in the oven in just a few minutes!
What makes this the Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe?
- Texture: The cookies are soft in the middle and chewy around the edges.
- Flavor: They have a sweet, buttery, toffy-like cookie flavor, loaded with chocolate chips.
- Quick & Easy to make: No bringing the ingredients to room temperature. No chilling the dough. The recipe can easily be whisked together, instead of using a mixer. And, it’s a ONE BOWL recipe.
How to make chocolate chip cookies. The easy way.
- In a large bowl, add melted butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar.
- Whisk until well combined.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Whisk until eggs are well incorporated.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir until no dry flour remains.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Stir until well incorporated.
- Scoop the batter onto a baking sheet.
- Bake and cool.
Try these other Easy Dessert Recipes.
- My Two Ingredient Nutella Brownie Bites Recipe
- My Cranberry Cream Cheese Dip Recipe
- Easy Peanut Butter Cream Pie from Inspire A Creation
- No Bake Oreo Truffles from Fifteen Spatulas
Watch the step by step recipe video below for how to make The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie.
The Best Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup unsalted butter -melted*
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (a 12 oz. bag) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, add the melted butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Whisk until well combined.
- Add the eggs and vanilla. Whisk until smooth.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir until no dry flour remains.
- Add the chocolate chips. Stir until well incorporated.
- Scoop out 1 1/2 tablespoon size balls (a #40 scoop) of the batter on a baking sheet, leaving 2 inches between each cookie. SIZE MATTERS.**
- Bake for 10 minutes. The center should be soft and the edges should barely be golden. DO NOT OVER BAKE.
- Cool 3-4 minutes on the cookie sheet. Then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.