The Best Classic Zucchini Bread – This easy zucchini bread recipe is sweet & incredibly moist.
This is the best zucchini bread recipe ever! It’s got more zucchini and more sugar than most recipes so it tastes amazing. And, applesauce makes this homemade zucchini bread super moist.
One of the reasons this is such an easy zucchini bread recipe, is because there’s not much prep work for the zucchini, like in many other recipes.
How to grate zucchini for zucchini bread:
- Do not peel the zucchini before grating, leave the skin on.
- Do not salt, drain out, or squeeze out any of the liquid from the zucchini.
- Use the large grate of a box grater to grate 2 small (or 1 large) zucchini for 1 ½ cups lightly packed grated zucchini.
How to make The Best Zucchini Bread Recipe:
- Add grated zucchini, sugar, and brown sugar to a large bowl.
- Add vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla.
- Whisk the wet ingredients together.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Stir just until combined.
- Pour batter into a loaf pan.
You may also like these other great quick bread recipes.
- My Best Buttermilk Banana Bread
- Cranberry Orange Pumpkin Bread from Peas & Crayons
- Blueberry Muffin Bread from My Sequined Life
Watch the step by step recipe video for The Best Zucchini Bread below:
Find more of my recipes on TikTok
The Best Classic Zucchini Bread Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups grated zucchini - lightly packed -do not drain liquid
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil -or your preferred cooking oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x5 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, add the grated zucchini, sugar, brown sugar, applesauce, oil, eggs, and vanilla. Whisk until well combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Stir just until no dry flour remains, trying not to over mix.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan. Bake for 50 to 54 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the center of the bread should come out with moist crumbs on it.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove from the pan and transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely before slicing.
- Store covered in the refrigerator. *This bread is best served after it has been refrigerated for at least 12 hours.
This is such a wonderful recipe. I made one loaf, fell in love with it, and immediately made 4 more for friends. Every person who tried it thought it was the best ever! Totally a keeper that I will use again and again. Thank you so much for this recipe. 🙂
My daughter is a lover of zucchini bread and has sampled many recipes, but this one is the easiest and the best we’ve had! It is moist and delicious. I always make two loaves since it goes so fast.
Great flavors and agree with other comments of having to bake longer, i needed 65 minutes total in my oven. I added pecans as well
I made this in mini pans. Two people that I gave some too said it was the best zucchini bread they have ever had.
I made this recipe several times. We love it and it is delicious warm and cold. I usually bake two and pack some as snack for the kids to take to school the next day.
This bread is unbelievably moist. You must be very careful to cook it in the middle of the oven (not too low to the floor of the oven) and do not overcook it!! It is sublime – it is so moist!!!
I tried this recipe. Got raving reviews from my husband and I liked it too. Very moist. I revised recipe by adding chopped pecans and I did peel my zucchini somewhat. I probably added double on the cinammon as well.
I followed the directions as written, but cooked for only 45 minutes. This recipe is moist, delicious and so easy to make. The best zucchini bread I’ve ever eaten!! Thanks for sharing!!
Very delicious. Took a bit longer to cook (40 mins) but other then that they were very easy to make and everyone here loves them! Thanks so much for sharing your recipe 🙂
Wow , I am picky / perfectionist , this bread came out beautifully. Moist and delicious. Thank you so much for sharing.
This was a really good recipe, today was also the first day that there was a nip in the air so of course I had to bake something good that fills the house with amazing fall smells
Can I do smaller loaf pans, I tripled the recipe?
I didn’t have applesauce but had a can of sliced pineapple which I puréed and used, instead. Delicious
Absolutely THE BEST zucchini bread recipe. Lots of flavor and very moist. Cooking time is longer than stated in recipe but well worth the additional wait.
This is such a good recipe! Thank you for sharing! I added mini chocolate chips cuz I’m a chocoholic lol
So delicious!! 😋
This was my first attempt at making bread ever. I followed your recipe exactly except added a little bit of walnuts and my family is raving about it! Doubled the recipe today so I can bring some to work for my coworkers.
My family loves this bread, so moist and flavorful!! I love how easy it is to make!
Loved it. Went by recipe first time except I didn’t have applesauce so i used puree banana instead. Second time added some chocolate chips and just as good. Not dense, moist and just right sweetness.
I have made this recipe many times. It’s the best as far as I’m concerned. Very moist. Apple sauce works so good in this loaf. Thank you for the recipe.
This is delicious. The only problem I had was that the time to bake at 350 should have been much longer. I baked it 54 minutes and knew it wasn’t long enough. It took another 30 min to fully bake. I rated it 4 because of that. Otherwise, it was a wonderful recipe.
What can I use instead of applesauce?
Load More Comments