Blueberry Balsamic Glazed Salmon is salmon that has been coated in a flavorful sticky sauce made from blueberries, balsamic vinegar, sugar, thyme, and lemon.
I make a lot of salmon. So, I’m always trying to come up with fun new ways to cook it. For this dish, I decided to marry two things that I love, salmon and blueberries, to make blueberry balsamic glazed salmon.
Blueberries are cooked down with balsamic vinegar, sugar, thyme, and lemon to make a potent glaze for brushing onto the salmon. The salmon is placed under a broiler to cook, and turn the blueberry glaze into a sticky, flavorful coating.
Find more of my recipes on TikTok
Blueberry Balsamic Glazed Salmon
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- 5-6 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- ½ tsp. salt divided
- 4 (4-5 oz.) salmon filets
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- In a small sauce pot, add the blueberries, thyme, sugar, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, and ¼ teaspoon of salt. Place over medium heat. Boil for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. The blueberries will release their juices. The sauce will reduce and thicken.
- In the meantime, place an oven rack 6 inches from the broiler. Preheat oven broiler to high. Optional: Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Pat salmon filets dry with paper towels. Sprinkle both sides of the fish with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place the fish skin side down on the baking sheet.
- Brush a thin layer of the blueberry glaze onto the salmon. Place the fish under the broiler for three minutes. Brush an additional thin layer of glaze on the fish. Place back under the broiler for an additional 3-5 minutes. Once cooked, the salmon should flake when pressed with a fork, but not be dry.
Excellent flavors! Had to use dried thyme and doubled sauce for a whole uncut salmon filet. Think I might bake instead of broil next time; or bake 375 degrees 10 min., broil last 3 min. This would probably be great grilled too! Also, might consider using raspberry balsamic in the sauce next time.
This was very good. Easy to make and nice that it was “different” frm other flavors.
Could you sub something for the sugar? Maybe honey?
LOVE THIS RECIPE and it is so easy!
Delicious and very easy to make. Combines our two favorites..salmon and blueberries.
Outstanding recipe, delicious sauce.
I wonder if you could sub the thyme for fresh basil? I’ve been thinking about pairing basil and blueberries with salmon for awhile now. Love the cream cheese idea, too.
I used catfish. Very good. I’m not a sugar fan, but I’d almost use another tsp of sugar, add another 1/2 tsp lemon juice and 1/2tsp vinegar just to increase liquid somewhat. I also didn’t boil for 15 mins as it was getting very reduced and pastey. I went 9-10 mins, on a light boil.With a filet with no skin, I would flip half way through. I glazed both sides. Definitely very good. I’ll just try my normal tweaking.
This was so easy and delicious! We eat fish once a week and now we will add this sauce each time!
Amazing new way to make salmon!
The sauce with the thyme and lemon make it perfect.
I served with roasted baby yellow potatoes and cauliflower tossed with olive oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper and a cucumber onion salad. Fantastic!
I made this sauce for dinner tonight. It was delicious with a delicate flavor perfect for the white fish I cooked. It’s so easy to make. Thank you!
We ate salmon with blueberry sauce in Alaska and this is as close as we have found! Delicious!
I did several filets, quadrupled the recipe for them…then turned the whole works into a spread with cream cheese and served on a platter with crackers for a family Christmas party..Amazing!
This is my favorite salmon recipe tonight will be the fourth time absolutely perfect
Tried it by barbecuing on a cedar plank. Unbelievable!
Yummy, I served it over greens with feta, fresh blueberries and balsamic vinegrette. Would make again! Thanks!
Tried this recipe awhile ago. Loved it! My boyfriend said its the best salmon recipe we’ve made. Looking forward to making it again. Thanks!
This recipe is Delicias
Thank you Miguel! I’m so glad you liked it!