Blueberry Balsamic Glazed Salmon is salmon that has been coated in a flavorful sticky sauce made from blueberries, balsamic vinegar, sugar, thyme, and lemon.
I make a lot of salmon. So, I’m always trying to come up with fun new ways to cook it. For this dish, I decided to marry two things that I love, salmon and blueberries, to make blueberry balsamic glazed salmon.
Blueberries are cooked down with balsamic vinegar, sugar, thyme, and lemon to make a potent glaze for brushing onto the salmon. The salmon is placed under a broiler to cook, and turn the blueberry glaze into a sticky, flavorful coating.
Find more of my recipes on TikTok
Blueberry Balsamic Glazed Salmon
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- 5-6 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- ½ tsp. salt divided
- 4 (4-5 oz.) salmon filets
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- In a small sauce pot, add the blueberries, thyme, sugar, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, and ¼ teaspoon of salt. Place over medium heat. Boil for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. The blueberries will release their juices. The sauce will reduce and thicken.
- In the meantime, place an oven rack 6 inches from the broiler. Preheat oven broiler to high. Optional: Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Pat salmon filets dry with paper towels. Sprinkle both sides of the fish with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place the fish skin side down on the baking sheet.
- Brush a thin layer of the blueberry glaze onto the salmon. Place the fish under the broiler for three minutes. Brush an additional thin layer of glaze on the fish. Place back under the broiler for an additional 3-5 minutes. Once cooked, the salmon should flake when pressed with a fork, but not be dry.