Skillet Teriyaki Chicken Thighs is the easiest chicken recipe ever! And, the whole family loves it. Chicken thighs are marinated in teriyaki sauce and sautéed in a skillet.
Boneless skinless chicken thighs are one of my favorite things to cook with through the busy work week. They cook up so quickly and they are dark meat chicken, so they stay flavorful and juicy.
You might also like my Baked Teriyaki Salmon.
How To Make Teriyaki Chicken Thighs
Note: The full printable recipe card is at the bottom of this post.
- Add soy sauce, brown sugar, rice wine vinegar, garlic, and pepper to a bowl.
- Stir to combine.
- Add boneless chicken thighs to a sealable food storage bag.
- Pour the teriyaki marinade into the bag.
- Seal the bag and roll the chicken around to cover it in marinade.
- Marinade the chicken in teriyaki sauce for 30 minutes to two hours.
- Place the marinated chicken thighs in a skillet.
- Cover and cook.
- Flip the chicken over and cook.
- Push the cooked chicken around in the teriyaki glaze that has formed in the bottom of the skillet.
Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
This chicken can easily be reheated since there is no skin to get soggy. But, I actually like to eat this leftover chicken cold, on top of a big salad.
It only takes a couple of minutes to make this easy teriyaki marinade. But, it could be made ahead of time. Just keep the prepared marinade in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. However, do not marinate the chicken in the teriyaki for more than 2 hours.
More Easy Chicken Recipes
- Rotisserie Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Pistachio Crusted Chicken
- Baked Ranch Chicken Thighs By Sweet C’s Designs
Find more of my recipes on TikTok
Skillet Teriyaki Chicken Thigh Recipe
- 2 Tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar (red wine vinegar also works)
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 20 oz. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- In a small bowl, add the brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, and pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Place the chicken in a large sealable plastic food storage bag. Pour the sauce into the bag with the chicken. Seal the bag. Gently massage and roll the chicken around in the bag to get it evenly coated in sauce.
- Place the bag on a plate in the refrigerator for a minimum of 30 minutes or up to two hours to marinate.
- Use tongs to transfer the chicken from the bag to a large nonstick skillet. Discard the remaining marinade.
- Cover the skillet and place it over medium heat. Cook for eight minutes.
- Remove the cover. Flip the chicken over. Cook for an additional five minutes, until it reaches an internal temperature of 165˚ Farhenheit.
- The excess teriyaki sauce will form a thick glaze in the bottom of the skillet. Push the chicken around in the pan so that it gets evenly coated in the glaze, flipping the chicken over as necessary.
Check out all my other great chicken recipes.
This is my new go-to favorite. It’s delicious, moist, flavorful and easy. Thank you!
This is the best recipe! It tastes like chicken right out of a top quality Chinese food restaurant 🙂
Can you marinate the chicken thighs in a bowl and cover with plastic instead of in a plastic bag?