Pistachio Crusted Chicken – An easy baked chicken recipe. Pistachios and breadcrumbs make a flavorful crunchy crust on juicy chicken breasts.
Pistachio crusted chicken is a variation of the more common pecan crusted chicken. Chicken is coated in chopped nuts and breadcrumbs, and baked. The outside of the chicken gets crispy and crunchy and the inside stays juicy.
Pistachios can usually be found in the shell, or pre-shelled. I have to suggest getting the pre-shelled nuts. They may cost a little more, but they will save you A LOT of time.
How To Make Pistachio Crusted Chicken
*Note: The full printable recipe card is at the bottom of this post.
- Add some pistachios to a food processor.
- Pulse them until they turn into small crumbs.
- Brush honey mustard sauce on boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- Pour the pistachios into a shallow dish with some Italian seasoned Panko breadcrumbs.
- Toss these together until they are well combined.
- Coat the chicken breasts in the pistachio mixture.
- Lay the coated chicken on a prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until the chicken is cooked through.
The timing will vary depending on the thickness of your chicken breasts. Mine were about 1-½ inches thick and took 30 minutes.
Be careful not to get chicken breasts that are too big. If you have very large chicken breast, it will take longer to cook and the nuts may burn.
Try These Other Easy Chicken Recipes
Watch The Step By Step Recipe Video For Pistachio Crusted Chicken Below
Find more of my recipes on TikTok
Pistachio Crusted Chicken Recipe
- 3/4 cup shelled pistachios
- ¾ cup Italian seasoned Panko bread crumbs
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts or fillets (not too thick, about 5 oz. each)
- 3 tbsp. honey mustard
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the pistachios in a food processor and pulse until they turn into small crumbs. Pour the pistachios into a shallow dish. Add the panko and toss to combine.
- Pat any excess moisture off of the chicken breasts using paper towels. Brush the honey mustard onto both sides of the chicken breasts (or you could rub it on if you don’t have a brush). One at a time, place a chicken breast into the dish with the pistachio mixture. Press the pistachios into the chicken until the chicken is well coated on all sides. Discard the extra pistachio mixture.
- Place the chicken on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray or lined with parchment paper. Bake until the chicken is cooked through and juices run clear (about 25 to 35 minutes, depending on the thickness of the chicken breasts).
Check out all of my great chicken recipes.