This peach sweet tea is the perfect summertime cocktail. It’s tea flavored with a sweet alcoholic peach syrup, and served over ice with sliced peaches and mint. Disclosure: This recipe post is sponsored by Everclear®
I’m a sucker for fruity ice tea in the summer. This alcoholic version starts with a homemade peach simple syrup made with Everclear®.
The new campaign, Make It Your Own by Everclear®, highlights how Everclear® gives you the ability to put your own spin on the drinks you make at home.
Everclear® is a grain alcohol with a neutral flavor profile and the unique ability to extract subtle flavors. It’s a great starting ingredient for making creative, sophisticated cocktails with high-end ingredients since you can use it to create your own uniquely flavored liquors.
You can also put your own modern twist on classic cocktails, like Manhattans and old fashioneds, by using your own homemade bitters. There’s a great instructional guide and bitters recipe on the Make It Your Own by Everclear® website, along with many other creative recipes.
Peach Sweet Tea Cocktail Recipe
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 fresh peaches
- 1 cup Everclear
- 1 cup cold tea (for each cocktail)
- Optional: additional peach and mint for serving
- Add the sugar and water to a medium pot over medium heat. Heat until the sugar is completely dissolved, stirring often (about 5 minutes).
- In the meantime, remove the pits from the peaches and cut them into large chunks.
- Remove the pot from the heat. Add the peaches and Everclear. Stir to combine.
- Cover the pot. Let it cool at room temperature for 2 hours. Transfer the pot to the refrigerator and let it rest for at least 4 more hours and up to a day.
- Remove the peaches by pouring the peach syrup through a fine mesh strainer. Store the peach syrup covered in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Add 8 ounces (1 cup) of tea to a tall glass. Stir in 2 ounces (1/4 cup) of the sweet peach syrup. Add ice, peach slices, and mint leaves.
Everclear® is the perfect ingredient for craft cocktails and home mixology, allowing you to put your own spin on new and old favorites. With its neutral grain composition, Everclear® extracts the optimal flavor to infuse your cocktails — whether you’re making bitters, liqueurs, tinctures or extracts. Visit makeityourown.com for recipe ideas, tips and more!
“This post was brought to you by Everclear®, the “original” grain alcohol, and Luxco. I received compensation to write this post. The opinions and text are all mine.